Calling all aspiring or professional aritsts - new banner wanted for the site!

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
We've tried this before, but I figured it was time to try again for more submissions.

I'd like to update the banner on the site. Noel (Loco Leon) has said he's tired of looking at his 550 all the time (and so am I).

Only requirements are:

Incorporates the logo in about the same size as currently on the banner
Subject matter should be appropriate, but be creative!
Retain fade on the right end of the image (blends into another image file)

Obviously it needs to be in the same size and format as the current one. It's a GIF, which I know isn't great for photographs. I'm willing to try making a JPG work. An animated GIF might work too. Keep it small (under 100KB) so it loads quickly.

topbarleft.gif

Exactly as the image in my post shows - just save the image and work within those specs - I think its 900 x 118 pixels.

hey its been awhile since i logged on.. been very very busy!

well glad to see that a lot of projects are nearing completion or are already showroom standard. haha..

anyway, really interested in having a go at this banner thing... finally something i can do..

when do u want this by? any deadline?

no deadline - been suffering with Noel's 550 (did I say that out loud) for 2+ years now - but let's see something SOON!

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum, although I have been lurking for a few months. I don't have a cafe myself, but plan on getting to work on one in the next couple of months.

I was quite bored a few days ago while at work (strange, I know ::) ) so I decided to take a stab at this banner business. Its nothing great, created in about 30 minutes, but if it strikes anyone's fancy you're welcome to use it.

DTTBanner3copy.jpg

The colors do not match the rest of the forum, but the colors seemed to work for the banner itself so I went with it.

I like the splash of red - nice addition to the site. But we need it to fade on the right side, like the current one.

I hope HerrDeacon doesnt mind hijacking his pic but I've loved this pic of his bike from the first time I saw it...I'm not that good with GIMP so if someone who knows what they are doing wants to change anything so it works for you guys-go ahead
banner1-1.jpg

Chivatty said:
I hope HerrDeacon doesnt mind hijacking his pic but I've loved this pic of his bike from the first time I saw it...I'm not that good with GIMP so if someone who knows what they are doing wants to change anything so it works for you guys-go ahead
banner1-1.jpg

hey.. this one gets my vote...

Surely can...

I tried it with some color too!

Attachments

• dtt_banner_yellow.gif
    dtt_banner_yellow.gif
    87.2 KB · Views: 164
  • dtt_brandish.gif
    dtt_brandish.gif
    86.6 KB · Views: 171
  • dtt_brandish_yellow.gif
    dtt_brandish_yellow.gif
    85.5 KB · Views: 166
I get bored easily... :)

Attachments

• DTT-PATCH-ROTO-3.gif
    236.8 KB · Views: 147
  • dtt_roto_xpr.gif
    176.7 KB · Views: 155
ericngsta said:
let's not go nutssss on the checkers, but I like a bunch of them so far.

I drew this line by line in photoshop... nutssss is off the table by now I think.

Attachments

• Bike_Flat.gif
    Bike_Flat.gif
    49.2 KB · Views: 151
Back
Top Bottom