Calling all aspiring or professional aritsts - new banner wanted for the site!

Re: Calling all aspiring or professional aritsts - new banner wanted for the sit

oh man, as an Illustrator, I might have to have a stab at this. Is there going to be fabulous prizes for the winner??

shintaro
shintarodesign.com

yeah.. me too.. I think we should change it every 2 months or so...Its a refreshing change...

Please continue to submit banners...
We just need the DTT logo somewhere in there wtih the left side fading into black...

Re: Calling all aspiring or professional aritsts - new banner wanted for the sit

Thanks guys for putting my bike in the header, quite an honor. Felt very strange the first time I saw it. Thanks to Chivatty for submitting it. I never even needed to pay him ;D

I agree, we should rotate it every month or so. Maybe use it as a bike of the month prize or something.

Noel, I'd like to see your pic thats in your sig up there, would look sweet.

HerrDeacon-I was going to make my XS a bobber till I saw those pics of your bike and I thought "I want one of those!" So maybe this was a tribute to the inspiration for my project. Still love that picture with the lake and the mountains.

I think I saved the template so if I see another pic that grabs me I'll post it up.

still working on mine, been kinda busy with the internship....

also, they shut down the foundry at the school i was voulenteering at.... :( :mad: the DTT belt buckles ive been trying to make are on the back burner till they open back up or i can find someone on here with the ability or business to pour bronze/alu. i have moulds that are pretty good

so now ive got some time on my hands. might as well finish my banner. damnit.

I'm working on one too. Will post soon

Well this is what I've been working on. Let me know what you guys think. THanks

cafeborder.jpg

LOVE the new banner! 8) It doesn't hurt that it's a Kawasaki too! ;)

Great ideas and submissions! You're quite right, it would be great to be able to "change it up" every month or two! 8)

Good work people! ;D ;D

lonelywolf8588 said:
Here is my submission

I like it, and while the ACE CAFE is certainly iconic within the world of Cafe Racers, it's also a solid trademark and I don't think they want us using it to brand our site with :) Maybe a more generic cafe would be better. And we also can't have anyone's copyrighted artwork being part of the image - not sure where the photo of the cycles came from etc.

Sorry to be a hardass - I like the image - just don't want nasty letters from lawyers. I can't afford it!

I'd do one with me on my bike but its not streetable yet. If there is anyone in Central Illinois I could get the same shot with them on their bike. I just did a google search and those were two awesome images that came up.

loco leon, do you have the original pic of the rifer in your sig? i'd pm you but my comp is acting all fubar'd.

Sure - adjust it to proper size and make sure it fades to solid black on the right edge.

But first make sure the photography used in the banner isn't protected by copyright.

Back
Top Bottom