1948 HRD Vincent -Ashtray to Driveway

Wow, my new favorite thread. Great work and keep the words and images flowing.

Building a Vincent is a dream most of us will never have the opportunity to do so.

Finally I have the belt drive and seal housing fitted. I'm getting about slowly after a knee operation. Not much luck there. I might have to fit an electric start!
The drilling and tapping guide worked well.

Attachments

• G 2 crank seal.jpg
    G 2 crank seal.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 496
  • G 2.1 crank seal holder.jpg
    G 2.1 crank seal holder.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 500
  • G 2.2 Seal holder.jpg
    G 2.2 Seal holder.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 493
  • G 2.3 belt drive.jpg
    G 2.3 belt drive.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 506
What a great read so far. Those are some serious shift forks on that transmission! You won't be bending those anytime soon it seems. Can't wait to see how the rest of this thread and this HRD/Vincent evolves!

Hello,
I have been sorting out the gear change and kick-start mechanism's. I have mostly new parts for this section. The "L" shaped gear change arm needs to be drilled for lightening. Also the actuator assembly needs to be changed for the 5 speed. I'll need to do some reading on assembly and adjustment procedures. It's tricky this part. And I have a few more boxes to look through before I have everything I need.
Hope your all having a great week end.
brt651

Attachments

• Gearchange housings.jpg
    Gearchange housings.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 493
  • Gearchange parts.jpg
    Gearchange parts.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 501
Finding parts can be hard sometimes. I have 5 Vincent engines in boxes like this. And I only wanted 2 screws for the G50 plate.

Attachments

• C series engine exploded view in container.jpg
    C series engine exploded view in container.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 498
I didn't get much done today. I have to do some machine work now to forge ahead.
Ill be dropping of some alloy covers to be polished this week. The polisher has built a 1917 Harley board racer, a 1926 Rudge speedway bike and a Harley Peashooter speedway bike. They are perfect. If you would like me to get some photo's ? Please let me know?
cheers
P.S and not always tidy

Attachments

• Gearshift plate 2.jpg
    Gearshift plate 2.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 487
brt651 said:
I didn't get much done today. I have to do some machine work now to forge ahead.
Ill be dropping of some alloy covers to be polished this week. The polisher has built a 1917 Harley board racer, a 1926 Rudge speedway bike and a Harley Peashooter speedway bike. They are perfect. If you would like me to get some photo's ? Please let me know?
cheers
P.S and not always tidy

photos!!!!plz!!!!

As requested

Attachments

• Peashooter.jpg
    Peashooter.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 491
  • Harley 1917.jpg
    Harley 1917.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 476
  • Rudge 1926.jpg
    Rudge 1926.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 482
Did I hear you say is that the only photos you took?
No ,here's some more

Attachments

• Harley 1917  2.jpg
    Harley 1917 2.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 486
  • Harley 1917  5.jpg
    Harley 1917 5.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 485
  • Peashooter 2.jpg
    Peashooter 2.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 493
I fitted up the carbs today to get an idea of running angle. I'm going to fit 40 mm Dellorto pumpers and they run at a maximum angle of 40 deg's. I'll measure these and see what there at.
These Amals are 1 3/8 '' and will be going on a standard head bike. The ports are much larger on these heads. You can see that maybe in the photo's.
Cheers
Thanks for looking.
brt651

Attachments

• Amals sitting on engine.jpg
    Amals sitting on engine.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 501
  • Amals sitting on , rear.jpg
    Amals sitting on , rear.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 483
Damn!
Not many of us ever get to play at your level.
Thanks a ton for sharing it with us!
Please keep us in the loop!

Love Vincents, just love them.. and getting to see the internals of one being assembled by an expert is wonderful. Keep it up!!

Back
Top Bottom