72 CL350 uneven exhaust pressure

Yep, there are two, I think my idle set screws end up having one on each side of the throttle plate, but i could be off on that. I THINK i blew that hole out from the other side, but i'm not 100% on that. There are also the random holes that run through the body in different places, i do my best to blow EVERYTHING out. Doesn't mean i did it right.

There is more to rebuilding carbs then soaking them.
Did you blow out all of the passages?
Check the orifices?

Pods are a huge downgrade.
Even more so when things are not perfect before.
Unsure what you are talking about there being no vacuum port to tune with. Arent they the same carbs as the CB?

Yep, no ports on the 350 carbs. at least the twins. Some people drill them into the boot that connects them to the engine. I worry enough about leaks, let alone adding another hole.

and yep, if there's an opening, i put air to it. I'll try to grab a new baseline and see if i can figure anything out when i run through it all again on thursday.

Kinda feel like these might have a bit to do with the low exhaust pressure on my top pipe.
66a5ae8709546d3cac49d0a1c200917c.jpg
. This one I could feel but until I took it off I didn't realize it was this big.

This one, didn't even realize it was there!
d0e327ed33ea86f11339cadd7c75bbe2.jpg

So I patched those two holes and we'll see if that does anything for me. The other patches you see in those photos, that was done before I got the bike.

CB twins are not unknown for dropping a cylinder when they are running on low batteries / weak charging systems.

I know you say you have good spark on both sides, but.....

Is your battery fully charged?

What is the voltage at the battery when it's running? Voltage at the coils?

Have you changed out the spark plug on the cylinder that's got the issue? I've had brand new plugs fail before....and sometimes plugs that fire "OK" outside the cylinder don't fire properly inside the cylinder under compression.

Hillsy, I never knew that about CB twins. I'm sure my battery is a little low because all I've been doing is starting and idling with some revving in there.

I run one of the 8 cell antigravity batteries (I think it's 8cell anyways off the top of my head. It's a medium one that has more than enough cca for the cl starter motor) so it charges relatively fast.

My plugs should be fine, they had light use. but I think I may pick up some new ones just to be safe. That plus the patches, we'll see what happens!

CB/CLs with stock charging systems don't see charging until the upper RPMs, above 3K I believe.

Back
Top Bottom