Need help with a CB125s project!

KP111

Ive got a 1974 CB125s. Im beginning to re-assemble everything after my teardown. Im considering buying a new carb and wondering if there are any other good options besides stock/ a rebuild kit. Also i got some clubman bars and I'm running new grips/ new throttle assembly. My original throttle cable will not work with the new throttle assembly, and all of the throttle cables I've considered buying will not work with the stock carb. So essentially I'm just needing a new throttle cable that will work. Also I'm ditching the front fender and need a fork brace. I have done a little looking around and haven't found any for a 125. I work at a metal fab shop so making one would not be difficult for me, but if there is one available online than i would more than likely go that route. Any help would be very appreciated. This is my first motorcycle build and it's getting down to these little things that are hanging me up most. Thanks guys!

I put a Mikuni VM20 on mine. It runs, but I can't honestly speak of how well it runs as it hasn't been ridden yet. I know for sure a few other have used the VM20. As far as the cable, not sure what to tell you on that one. I am running the stock throttle setup so I was able to use the cable. For a fender brace you could cut the stock part out of the front fender to use. Otherwise bending something similar to the front fender mount would be your best bet.

Thanks for the quick reply! Ive been looking into the VM20 and that seems like what I'm going to go with. Im sure i can get a decent cable setup through my local motorcycle store. I believe they cut cables and whatnot. I may just have to get a little creative and make a one-off fork brace. I appreciate the help on this and I'm excited to throw a mikuni on my bike.

No problem. I just happened to be on and see this as you posted it haha. Best of luck with the project!

I have a 1975 CB125. I got a new throttle cable off of eBay for 20$. They are pretty easy to find. I also purchased a new throttle control from DCC for cheap and it works great. Clubmans on this bike are okay if you fit rearsets or don't mind a bit of an odd seating position. I got a set of ultra low Renthal bars that worked a treat. I guess it depends on what style your looking for. Running the cables on the outside of the bars may be necessary with those bars. Although I had a set of Clubmans and drilled holes to run cables through. I found the seating position awkward so went for the Renthals. I rebuilt my stock carb and it works great. I do however run with the air box on. I have run without in the past successfully but it took a bit of tweaking with the jets/idle. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom