Lurking with intent to loiter

beachcomber

TJ - Beachcomber
DTT SUPPORTER
I guess there's several of us who are in the process of building or collecting parts for an outfit [ or two !]

Erskine's well on the way and Hoof is an old timer at this [ and a new timer with the Bonneville rig !].

I've raced chairs and had several on the road in the sixties. As stated elswhere, there's something very satisfying about mastering an outfit. Practical too for old farts like me with rapidly approaching joint failure. ::)

One of my pals in Germany is a Gespanne Meister and has revamped recently acquired moulds for old timer replicas [ sorry this info. has been posted elsewhere ].

The Stoye is one in question, and he has revamped the moulds to produce the "Motek-Klassic".

Again as some will know from my other ramblings - I was very nearly the owner of a Velorex sports [ ha,ha ] chair.

I'm looking at a mock up of my Cafe Creme Boardtracker influenced special .... and thinking wouldn't it look sweet with a matching Stoye rep ! Plenty of Coffee / Cream / pinstripes / old brass period artifacts.

Alternatively [ and my original plan for the Velorex ], there's my 90% completed BMW Kay Fighter ................ decisions, decisions.

untitled.jpg

Along these lines ................................

Union-built-by-Abnormal-Cycles-Italy-First-Place-in-Jammer-Old-School-Class-Motorcycle-with-Biker-Girls-at-Custom-Chrome-Show-2011-2.jpg

Sorry beachcomber, I tried to read the text, but I kept moving down to the bottom pic. That is just perfect on every level. Ill take all three.

Dale said:
Sorry beachcomber, I tried to read the text, but I kept moving down to the bottom pic. That is just perfect on every level. Ill take all three.

My pal HAS the moulds for the Stoye 2 [ I think it's called ], and yes - I looked at the pix 3-4 times before I realised there was a lightly clad young Lady there !

I really AM looking seriously about hooking up Cafe Creme to one of these beauties - even if it is a replica !

These guys turned up in our local Ice Cream parlour in Saxony while we were there in August.

Stoye 1 and Stoye 2, I'm trying to find out about the "Torpedo" .............

Kismet ?

Picture059-1.jpg

Picture063-1.jpg

Picture071.jpg

The Stoye 2 [ ribbed alloy nose ] is in the process of being pattern made. That'd be the one for me - so graceful.

Sometime you look at "old" stuff and just have to stand and look in amazement at the perfect lines - all without the aid of a PC or wind tunnel [ most ].

The Stoye 2 looks like a logical development from the Mk1 in as much as they simply [??] let in the ribbed alloy strip to widen the cockpit !!!

Ohhhh how I wish I had that connection. Please keep this updated..
(I really got you with that pic didn't I ;) )

Hoosier Daddy said:
Ohhhh how I wish I had that connection. Please keep this updated..
(I really got you with that pic didn't I ;) )

HD - yes many thanx. I suspect it's not just me that got the juices flowing seeing that outfit ! We all thank you.

Even the stocker has beautiful flowing lines.

After doing a little research I found they [ Stoye ] were made in Leipzig - a 40 minute drive up the Autobahn from our house in Saxony. There's a couple of auto / bike museums there, one has National status. Looks like that's a definite visit when we're there in Reichenau !!

The lines of the "boardtracker" with that Stoye hack blend themselves pretty well considering they are polar opposites.

pursuit-of-perfection-union-by-abnormal-cycle-L-xR2_Eb.jpeg

The replica "Motek-Klassic" chair body [ Red one ] looks like being around 1100 euros - I'll have to find out what's included in that.

I've already redesigned the Cafe Creme frame to incorporate sidecar fittings - just in case ! ;)

Erskine,

just got this from my German Sidecar pal ............. he's going down the same route - Cafe Racer K100 with chair !

The concept is simple and sound engineering only requiring the aforementioned diagonal struts.

Using square section tube is maybe not as aesthetically acceptable as round - but it's sure simple to build !
Ahhhhgggg - Photobucket phucked up, I'll try again

761342757_NXiAT-L_zpsc5474a8e.jpg

761342874_5nxi5-L_zps4bf41a67.jpg

crossunder_zps012b3f94.jpg

NOW we're talking ................perfect chair for Cafe Creme. Just send Mrs.B off to the WRVS to do some basket weaving courses.

Picture055_zps1b858c0e.jpg

These are relatively cheap here in the UK [ £50 - £100 ] - you can see why ! But they DO have brake and suspension and they are GRP.

Ditch all the squitter - screens, hood, etc. and with a bit of imagination you could possibly come up with something along the lines of the German "Torpedo" chair we saw this Summer - or not ! ::)

KGrHqVhUFCdYCfWBQjrTVRETw60_58.jpg

Picture071.jpg

Back
Top Bottom