Tester Needed - 12V Spark Assist

Sonreir

Oregon
DTT SUPPORTER
Hey all,

Anyone with a running 12V thumper or 12V 360° twin running on points want to do me a favor?

We've developed a new product that is essentially an electronic ignition, but uses the points as the triggering mechanism (as opposed to magnetic pickups or other such things). Timing is still handled by your points and your advancer, but the spark is now electronically triggered. This means the points are now a low voltage switch and the condensor is no longer needed. The result should be a stronger spark and little-to-no timing adjustments.

If your bike meets the criteria I'll ship you the test part and you install it (some wiring will be necessary) and let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks,
Matt

I have two 360's i'm finishing up. Probably 3-5 weeks from firing it up from the build. I'd be happy to test. sounds like something i'd really like to run!

Thanks!

CB360's are 180° degree cranks. If it were 360°, it would utilize a single coil.

Matt, FYI, I tested a couple of Transistor assisted ignitions over the years. On my bikes they made no difference to performance (race bike).

In theory they extend the life of the points and may make starting easier on some bikes. Neither of those was a concern to me.

With your design - single channel? Can they use two on a twin for testing before the twin channel version is released?

Yeah. Single channel. I have two prototypes so I can use two of them on a 180° twin, but they cost me almost $300 for the pair, so I was hoping to keep one in reserve. :p

Back
Top Bottom