Brodie's Bastard BSA

what are the issues with forward facing carbs? I've seen it done to loads of old triumph/bsa's and Yamaha did it to the last of the TZR's
is it not beneficial to be forcing more air in the faster you go?

From what I have read the issue is with the venturi effect being compromised by air being forced into the carb. Hard to tune when you have air coming at the carb at different speeds during the same RPM through gear changes. I am not the best at tuning so maybe there is a way around or maybe what I have read doesn't really matter.

I would guess a CV carb would be out because of the slide.

Ok my plan is to build the flathead with a 92mm piston and use the spare cases to design the ohv motor when I have more time and cash.

If I get hung up on the motor I will never finish this build.

e58d412af93e8afb9f71dbb90c0499a9.jpg

So I have acquired a carb for this bike providing I can get it working right.

I bought a new set of carbs for my XV1100 and have the stock pair left over. Should be able to get it fitted to this.

Brodie said:
So I have acquired a carb for this bike providing I can get it working right.

I bought a new set of carbs for my XV1100 and have the stock pair left over. Should be able to get it fitted to this.

yeah, cos they were working so well on the yam....LOL

Haha yep. If I can make one good one...

I won't deny I am a cheap bastard

also if you find you have more than the expected amount of oil leaks from that engine you might want to try putting the plate back over those valve lifters, it prob won't make that much difference but worth a try

Back
Top Bottom