Started a parts hoard

GM1216

I've put this thread here because I none of what you see below counts as a project as yet

Right so i've not been on here for a few weeks and I have been crazy busy at work and also on a mission to buy as many shit bikes as possible lol.

The plan is/was to get one or two as a base for projects and then i kinda ended up with a few more in various stages of neglect. so now i have two that i'm planning to build one that's forming an evil plan in me head and about 5 others to steal bits and pieces/sell to fund goodies i'll need to get.

First up was a 83 GS1100 that i got sight unseen because i thought frame might be a good donor for my GSXR1216 motor didn't realise it was a shaft driven,had no carbs and later found out PO had fried the wiring.
a4CmynF.jpg

Bonus tough was I since found out it is a GS1100GK and most of the parts are in great shape and a few are hard to find so it's Fleabay for this one.

Also got this 2007 EX250 Ninja i had to take with the GS cos the bloke wanted his shed back, got the pair for $200 so its cool, may steal some parts for something but i think this is destined for Fleabay too. have more parts for it not pictured

DWSeMdD.jpg

When i figured the first 2 where not going to make the grade, I picked this little one for $250 and i do plan to do something with this, its in great shape for the year 1981 KZ440 ltd. i already sold the luggage rack, crash bars and handlebars and some gay saddle bag he made me take. ;D So the bike has already paid for itself

rh7oU02.jpg

Yeah there's more.
This next one was a mates who got it and quickly realised he didn't have a clue what to do or how to do it so he swapped it with me for my old triumph speed triple front end.
I plan on doing something cool with this one too 93 Kawasaki EX500 Ninja

VJ8MiLn.jpg

$50 93 Kawasaki ZX600D roller, Figured i'd use the running gear and Fleabay the rest

rsJ7S70.jpg

bare with me i'm not done yet
78 KZ650 no title donor bike, didn't plan on this but when you get offered an entire bike for $50 you don't say no, want to get motor running and save for a rainy day rest will be sold, just need the subframe for the 440 maybe

IjqY0DZ.jpg

Last one and this barely even counts as a bike really
2005 honda shadow 600 roller $40 got it because i figure i'll get at least $300 plus for the front end and i want to see if maybe i can use the wheels for something

8hTYQHQ.jpg

And now i'm done until i see something else i like FFS, i barely have time to finish the Z1000 and now i have 2 more waiting and a 3rd hatching in my sick addicted mind.

on the plus side with the parts i have sold i'm only out $130 for all 6

look out for a couple of slow moving build threads soon.

And.....I'm not sure if as a new member i am allowed to say this but if i have anything anyone needs or wants PM me because i rent a cottage and my landlady is gunna be pissed if it starts to look any more like a salvage yard than it does already

Lots of fun ahead, it seems. May I suggest that you put your location in your profile. That way, some nearby member could stop by and help drink your beer, er.... help with ideas.

Interesting cache of bikes. A friend of mine build a trike out of a GS1100. The 440 is a solid base for just about any build. The EX500 is another solid bike. The KZ650 wheels are worth a bit. I've used those wheels on everything from a Honda to a Harley. 18" rear mags are hard to find. An Arkansas builder One Up Moto Garage pretty much got his start building "street customs" out of derelict Ninja 250s. https://www.oneupmotogarage.co/mayonaka

Rider52 said:
Interesting cache of bikes. A friend of mine build a trike out of a GS1100. The 440 is a solid base for just about any build. The EX500 is another solid bike. The KZ650 wheels are worth a bit. I've used those wheels on everything from a Honda to a Harley. 18" rear mags are hard to find. An Arkansas builder One Up Moto Garage pretty much got his start building "street customs" out of derelict Ninja 250s. https://www.oneupmotogarage.co/mayonaka

Thanks for the link i love that 250 ninja

Back
Top Bottom