DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! New Gold Leaf Lettering And Graphics!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! We Are Building A One Piece Body!

Joe,

When people start telling you to be careful and warning that something might not work..... You're probably getting close brother! lol

oldskool said:
Curious to see how it all turns out,nice work so far

Thank You Brother!

phat13 said:
Joey, nice idea mate , I did think of doing this on mine at one stage :)

I think it's a nice idea but the shape will decide if it works In the end maybe ?

I have no idea wot u have planned but I'm sure it will be as awesome as the rest ;)

Nice sharp lines rather than a kinda jelly mold look I think would work well, not to space age with a big swish of curves , it's a hard one mate ???

If your like me we spend far to much time looking an not doing lol

Cheers Joey.
Wayne ;)

I have seen some one piece fiberglass bodies for cafe and flat track style bikes from back in the 60's and 70's however it has been a long time since I have seen it done, I was planning on building a one for my CB450 before I decided to build a flat track bike out of her. We really want to keep everything as clean and smooth as possible on this build so we are hoping that the one piece body will help us accomplish that especially in the area where the tank and seat join. We are working on the design for the tail section now and as you mentioned I probably spend more time looking at and designing a build than I do working on it!

crackerman said:
How do you get that engine in and out of the frame?

Brother the complete bottom end of the engine goes into the frame from the side and then we mount the pistons, cylinders, and heads to the engine after it is inside the frame. The engine may clear as a complete assembly however we are going to install it this way to make sure we do not scratch any of the new paint during final assembly.

bluesmokey74 said:
Joe,

When people start telling you to be careful and warning that something might not work..... You're probably getting close brother! lol

Why does that seem to happen on almost everything I build? Hahahaha! You are right my friend, if no one questions what I am doing than I am not being creative enough! Honestly Brother I enjoy it and would not have it any other way!

We installed the front end, rear end, and wheels back onto the RD350 frame today so that we can finish designing and start building the rear frame section, top shock mounts, seat pan, and the tail section.

000_0021_zps06d49735.jpg

000_0031_zps99dc7c32.jpg

Now that is one mean looking machine! Coming up the road with a chambered exhaust sound is going to be my dream for this build!!!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! I Bent A New Rear Hoop For The Frame Today!

stroker crazy said:
Like the way this is heading!

Crazy

Brother it is always good to have you here and I am very happy that you are still enjoying this build!

casi85 said:
Now that is one mean looking machine! Coming up the road with a chambered exhaust sound is going to be my dream for this build!!!

Brother you know it really means a lot to all of us that you support this build, she will definitely sound awesome with some nice chambers!

I was able to talk to Brother Bluesmokey this morning and we decided on the final measurements of 12 inches for the seat pan and 7 inches for the rear cowl so I bent some tubing today and built the rear hoop for the frame! I made the rear hoop by bending two pieces of tubing and welding them together in the middle, I also shaved the tubing down on the ends so that it would fit inside of the original top frame rails for added strength.

We also decided where we are going to place the top shock mounts, I am going to build a new box section with plates that will be welded over the area where the original top frame rails, the new side frame rails, and the new rear hoop meet and have the top shock mounts running through the box section just below the frame rails so I made the template for the box section today as well.

000_0001_zpsa382858d.jpg

000_0003_zpsd549d77f.jpg

000_0016_zps3b38fe3f.jpg

000_0017_zps0c8461f5.jpg

Beautiful Joe! Very, very, nice!

That picture from the back really shows off how those side rails compliment the whole project.

The hoop looks "super strong" the way you fit it into the other tubing.

Nice job man!

Thank You Brother! I am very happy that you like the new rear hoop man, once we decided on the final measurements for the seat and tail section earlier today I started working on it as I thought you would enjoy getting to see it on the bike tonight!

I also love the photo from the rear, I can not wait to see the frame with paint on it!

Holy Cow Batman! That bike looks like something meant for the fine arts museum!!!!!

Damn Joey! Looking amazing so far my friend! Keep up the great work! Those new frame rails really set this bike apart from the rest.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Nice

Hay caramba!!!! This is not a bike......it's a sculpture!

Excellent work as always Joe. Sure is pretty.

Def. Looks amazing Joey. Looking at it from the back, it almost looks like the hoop is part of the side rails. Thinking now that would have been way cool to make the side rails and rear hoop one continous piece and have the top rails cope into that. I love checking for updates on this one!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! I Built The New Rear Shock Mounts Today!

Brothers I know I say it a lot however I could never thank you all enough for your support and kind compliments, they mean more to me than you will ever know!

I started working on the top rear shock mounts today! I am building box sections with the shock mounting post running through them just below the lower frame rail, I built the four side plates today out of steel plate and welded them to each side of the frame rails on both sides of the bike, the plates are also welded over the area where the original top frame rails, the new side frame rails, and the new rear hoop all meet for additional strength. The shock mounting post on each side of the bike runs through the plates and is welded to the plates as well as the lower frame rail, I am also going to enclose the front and bottom of the plates to form a fully enclosed box section.

Here are some photos for you all to enjoy, I still have a lot of work to do before the box sections are completed however I wanted to share some photos of how they look this evening! Brother Bluesmokey also sent a beautiful tank that looks brand new inside that we will be using on this build so I set it on the frame and took a few extra photos!

000_00012_zpsff15bf06.jpg

000_00023_zps2ecccaaf.jpg

000_0004_zpsf3a94597.jpg

000_0005_zps945fc60b.jpg

000_0008_zps86d5f1c0.jpg

000_0009_zps98e75f36.jpg

000_0010_zpse42e7084.jpg

Thank You Brother Swagger!

Swagger said:

Absolutely art! The man has imagination and the skills to put what he sees in his head into form. Nicely done Joey!

Thank You Brother ridesolo, I am just a regular guy that loves to build and turn wrenches like everyone here however it always makes me feel really good to hear that you all enjoy my work!

i love where this one is going

Back
Top Bottom