January 2016 BOTM Voting!

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
One week! Get your votes in. Nominees, post your pics and stories. If you want the photo in the poll changed let me know.

Once again, so many rad bikes. So cool of all you guys to share your builds here for us to enjoy.

https://vimeo.com/150100059Here is Stacie B London also known as Triple Nickle 555 riding what we call Bandit the 360 Bandero. Why Bandero?

Once a upon two motorcycles Zeke and I walked into our favorite motorcycle bone yard L and L cycle in Dallas and stumbled upon two Bultacos that Tony just bought with 40 other motorcycles. After convincing mom what a great deal these were we headed back with the cash and took them home. Zeke's was a matching numbers m70 and I took the mutt with an m51 engine and a b61 frame.

We have been learning all about Mr. Honda's passion with the four stroke and now it was time to start learning about the two-stroke. Bultaco owners are passionate people and so was the founder Senor Bulto.

The m18 (model 18) 360 Bandito came to the states with 42hp and 35 Ftlbs. of torque. With it expansion chamber and light flywheel when it came on the pipe it was a wild filly to ride and because it was a handful it didn't sell very well. However, it is highly collectible now.

The Montadero was nothing more that a repackaged Bandito for the USA enduro market with a few changes. A head light and tail light. They removed the expansion chamber and installed a straight pipe and then put on a heavier 8 lbs flywheel. This produced less HP but had the same amount of torque as the Bandito and it didn't throw the rider.

Well we wanted to envision the cross between the two. What happens when you cross the heavy flywheel Montadero with and expansion chamber? You get a Bandero! It pulls and pulls through the rev range with no surprise wheelies! So we gave it the Montadero body work with a red paint job and black fenders.

Senor Bulto was an innovator and developed electronic ignition for the Taco's this with dual plug heads. However, this one is a magneto/points with single plug. Tickle the Amal kick it over a few times and it will roar to life.

Some of the reasons the Bandito and Montadero didn't sell very well. Fiberglass pelican fenders that bit it if you dumped it and a fiberglass tanks. One came with some Preston petty fenders and both had the lights removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1cc518e891c75c33ff2f16bb421b56bc.jpg
Stacie being chased by "smokey" her dog. Thought this was appropriate for a two-smoke ;)

Here is a ride along through the gears http://youtu.be/GQFMrJqasNE

Video once around http://youtu.be/jGfyeW8PfBs and our bike has a reverse let's see the other nominees do this ...
http://youtu.be/2r3Pfx0WCkI

Thanks again for the nomination guys.

After my job moved me from Nebraska to Tennessee I had no intention of working on bikes any longer, had no equipment and minimal hand tools. Well as with anyone in this hobby, boredom got the best of me so I went looking for a simple project I could clean up, repair and add some cool factor... move it along and get another. I started out with a stored 2002 YZ250 setup for professional SX racing that just took cleaning and some seals to get going nothing too big. Next a Harley that needed seals and a primary gasket I did some other small stuff like the Maico you may have seen... Then I got the CB bug again after going back home and helping my son get his frame coated and we put his whole bike from a total take down to a rider in two days.

Well here we are five years later and again I have a new shop, replaced much of the tools and equipment I sold or gave away and I am knee deep in the most extensively "Modified" 1972 inline four I have ever laid hands on.

The CB came from a Craigslist add for it and a BSA A-65 that I was able to bring home for a reasonable price, again I only planned to fix the tank clean it all up with fresh paint and let it go. Needless to say That plan was scrapped for a day to day "hmm I wonder how this or that would work" I won't give the step by step here mostly because quite frankly I have made so many changes I don't remember them all and I am not the best at sticking to a plan, I just go out there and work.

Here are some photos along the way. I am truly honored to be in the company of two of the best here, my skills and equipment are a bit less refined, but as they say... here goes nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_20141226_161202932.jpg
    IMG_20141226_161202932.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 337
  • IMG_20140807_125133050.jpg
    IMG_20140807_125133050.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 336
  • IMG_20140715_183410021.jpg
    IMG_20140715_183410021.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 321
  • IMG_20150312_202111102_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150312_202111102_HDR.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 337
  • IMG_20150312_205733202_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150312_205733202_HDR.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 333
  • IMG_20150315_130857066.jpg
    IMG_20150315_130857066.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 315
  • IMG_20150331_181702507.jpg
    IMG_20150331_181702507.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 315
  • Shoot2.jpg
    Shoot2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 323
  • After1.JPG
    After1.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,728
Dang, I missed the nomination period for this month! I had a bike in mind... I'll nominate it next month.

No one can criticize this forum for too few project bikes, that's for sure.

Tough vote.

But, had to go with Tune's 750. He used my rear sets.

Great job to all three of you.

Thanks to those who voted - new banner to come. Been a busy few weeks for me and will be coming up with a new job starting next week, so bear with me.

Oh Darn :eek:

Congrats Clem, Your awesome craftsmanship turned out one sweet RD for sure!!

Keep em coming,
RD

Looks like Tim was correct, a red bike won. Thanks for the votes and I'm glad to be a part of the great builds here. The first time that I stopped by the site I couldn't get over how great the bike were. Years later it looks like these three bikes are keeping that vibe going.

Congrats Clem!
A great way to ring in the New Year!!

Tim once I get back home I should be able to take a few more pictures.

Back
Top Bottom