Motorcycle intercoms?

moetrout

Been Around the Block
Anyone out there use a motorcycle intercom? I am considering getting one and I am looking for what other people like. I need a set of 2 and it would be nice NOT to spend 200 bones on it. Got any suggestions? The things I could see using it for are music, gps, phone and talking to passenger.

I have a Sena 10S. It works pretty well. If you plan on riding with others do a little research on the networking technology used. The 10s and 20S use a linear network where A is connected to B, B to C and so on. each connection is a certain footage which adds up to the total advertised distance of 1 mile for the 10s. Another example of this is if B goes out, A can no longer talk to C if he is past the short range of the bluetooth. The newer 30X has mesh network technology and is a better setup but more money. Sorry that I only have info on the Sena's but it's all I've used. The 10s also doesn't have multitasking either. Your GPS will go out when you initiate an intercomm with another rider.

Thanks Clem. I am thinking more rider to passenger right now. I have only one other person that I ride with. I do a lot of riding on my own. It would also be nice to be able to have my tunes, phone, and for long rides GPS. How well do the speakers fit in your helmet? I really don't want to buy a new helmet right now.

I want one for the same reasons. I bought a $20 set from ebay that were rider to passenger wire connected and they worked great for one trip the fried. It was nice to be able to play tunes while on the freeway part of the trip and talk to my wife without having to lift visors and shout LOL. I am going to look at the Sena and see what the cost.

I too have the sena 10S.
I like it.
It occasionally cuts out on me which is annoying but otherwise it's great.

Big advantage when teaching someone how to ride too, amazing how much confidence they have when they can just ask you questions while learning.

SONIC. said:
I too have the sena 10S.
I like it.
It occasionally cuts out on me which is annoying but otherwise it's great.

Big advantage when teaching someone how to ride too, amazing how much confidence they have when they can just ask you questions while learning.

Nice, another bonus when I get Jill a learner bike and start teaching! Probably wouldn't have thought of that otherwise.

I didn't either, I got them so we could talk while riding because Kathleen kept getting pissed off that I didn't understand her completely illogical flailing hand signals haha.

But teaching her to ride it was a godsend, I honestly don't think she would have stuck with it without it, she said it just made her feel way more comfortable.

Plus it feels like star trek. I may or may not say "Kirk out" when I close coms.

Ha nice. I bought a cheap set from China to try out but they were wired to a box that I put on my belt. Worked for the one week trip then died on the way home. I totally made the ride more enjoyable so now I want to get the blue tooth, but man they are pricey.

Thanks for all the replies. The cost for a good pair of them is not cheap so I was consider some of the ones you can get a pair for less than a hundred bones. What I am hearing is don't buy the cheap ones. I'll wait until I have the money for a good pair. I was originally looking at Chatterbox, but Sena's get really good reviews.

Well after all the discussions I went to Ebay and there are sets of blue tooth that are around 50 and I was considering trying one to see but then again if they shit the bed that 50 I could have put towards and 300 set of Sena. I am going to watch adds for coupons or sales/closeouts. If I find one I'll post it here.

That's what I am hoping, they have the single units on right now but not the twin packs, Hope those go down in price. I'll watch BB adds and other places and see if they do.

The base model sena is almost just as good as the 10s except you can't plug headphones into it.
I ride with etymotic earbuds so I got the 10s so I can plug those in.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087NAZM0/ref=psdc_3248694011_t1_B00SHW5QGG

SONIC. said:
I didn't either, I got them so we could talk while riding because Kathleen kept getting pissed off that I didn't understand her completely illogical flailing hand signals haha.

Does she think yer number one?

Back
Top Bottom