Jessica V2

mikeyw64

Been Around the Block
Ok so after being mothballed for best part of 2 years Jessica is being reborn.

The impetus was actually when I started doing charity track days at a local circuit on Tango (my Blackbird) last year and over the winter I got to thinking, hmmm Jessica would be much more fun around this particular track.

Always wanted to put a "classic" fairing on but thought the price at Discovolante was a bit rich so it was good to find via Herberts CR93 replica thread a more affordable option (even allowing for paint afterwards). Have yet to take delivery and then need to fabricate up the bracketery.

Have also put a 150 big bore upgrade in place plus to make her look even more like a Cr93 a twin exhaust port head. The custom exhausts are getting made up for me in about 2- 3 weeks time. Oil cooler in place, just need to get some proper hoses made up

Also (based on various threads here) getting the wheels respoked, have already swapped out the bearings and cush drives/bolts for better quaity/Honda parts .

Have decided to reinstate the mudguard which was previously removed however I have taken the stock light off and have fitted a different unit to the seat hump (ebay special, a generic 1950s/60s style unit as fitted to many old british cars).

The indicators (I was using combined stop/tail/indicator units with clear lenses) are /have also been replaced by 60's period Lucas style units.

Also considering getting a set of Ikon shocks to replace the piggy back units I currently have and the swingarms coming off to get greased up

As I've managed to kill the Shorai that was under the hump and given the new tail light fitment I will be popping a battery back in at the middle of the bike (at the moment there's an old BlackBird battery sat in there which you can see if you look closley)

Sat in the kitchen
image02.JPG

Oooh an exhaust port on the LHS :)

port2.jpg

The tail end view

tail.jpg

And this is a mockup (based on a CR93 piccy) of how I hope she will look once completed, be interesting to compare later :)

jessica_mockup_final.jpg

And Tango on Track

tango_on_track.jpg

First Charity Track Session

Welcome back Mickey! Long time no hear! Great to hear of your plans for Jessica, and thoroughly recommend the fairing route. It will be interesting to see how you mount it. Good luck and keep us posted.

HerbertD said:
Welcome back Mickey! Long time no hear! Great to hear of your plans for Jessica, and thoroughly recommend the fairing route. It will be interesting to see how you mount it. Good luck and keep us posted.

Looking at a variation on the way you did it but with the 7" headlight mounted inside the Y piece

UB1-1.JPG

Also planning on saving the piece that's cut off when the hole is made and modifying it (or making up new) so the front can either have

a) A solid nose cone
b) A perspex cover over the headlight

Still debating on the indicators.

Stealth method (strip of LEDs mounted inside the perspex bubble) or period look ( chromed units same as tail but with shorter legs) strategically placed.

Will wait until later to finalise that decision

Hi Mikey,

With regard to the indicators, I had the same dilemma as I didn't want to spoil the line of the fairing by having to incorporate ugly indicators so I thought the best option was to use mini units and secured them on the windscreen lugs. May not be the best option but it made sense to me!
[pic][/pic]
With the headlight, i decided to do the brave thing and cut the hole for the OE Skyteam unit, but I made sure that I measured it correctly!
[pic][/pic]

for a stealth install I would likely go for something like these mounted at the front/side of the bubble

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131705183798

However I already have the short arm version of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141333882439

We'll wait & see :)

Whilst I'm on ebay Links

Tail Light
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330633100178

Reflector (which is going to double as a fog light)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131575907888

looking at those pics inspires me with confidence as there doesn't appear to be much curvature on the fairing at that point.

With my headlight mounted back a little and a couple of tabs will be able to run with either a piece of clear perspex across the front or a solid piece for a "no headlight" look

stroker crazy said:
Would love a twin port head but I would have to lose the oil cooler!

Looking forward to seeing V2.

Crazy

Why ?? I'm fitting both (see pics up there)

Confused.com

stroker crazy said:
I guess I could move it forward (and maybe use a smaller unit):

Crazy

Doh, forgot you had yours side mounted.

Mines mounted on the front of frame, which admittedly probably isn't as efficient but on the other hand side mounted wouldnt work with a fairing :) :)

completely forgot, also swapped out the brake & clutch levers for these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151973189609

Only Minor problem is I will really have to swap out the hose as the difference in banjo bolt position pulls the stock length (already had braided fitted from OO Racing) a little tight.

Will need to order one that is about 10mm longer just to be on the safe side

EDIT:

I'm a numbnuts, just realised that there are two ports on the reservoir. Switch to the front one and the standard length hose is fine :)

Jessica lives :)

Started nice and easily after 2 years of being mothballed and the subsequent 150cc upgrade, twin port exhaust head and new jets.

Tomorrow she's off to Wakefield to be measured up for new pipes although I already know due to workload they won't be ready until start of March.

Jessica Lives

Looking forward to seeing it with the pipes on, nice and different. Might even see you out and about as im only in Widnes

goodas40 said:
Looking forward to seeing it with the pipes on, nice and different. Might even see you out and about as im only in Widnes

The general Plan is to take her up to the 3 Sisters charity track sessions once or twice a month 8)

Hi Mike

Let us know how you get on with the new brake & clutch levers.

Keen to get something black and simple like that for my Ace.

Cheers
Richard

2b said:
Hi Mike

Let us know how you get on with the new brake & clutch levers.

Keen to get something black and simple like that for my Ace.

Cheers
Richard

Haven't used them in anger yet however they appear well made & solid and I think the reservoir may have a slightly larger capacity.

As its been a while (and I only had a bried try before I swapped) they feel like they're applying a bit more pressure but that could also be down to the braided hose

Back
Top Bottom