GOT a Zookie! "OVERKILL!"

Yeah that's great! As I said over on the GSR, couple of black stripes, clear and polish and it'll be awesome :D

Thanks guys!

Swagger said:
GadZOOKS!

(sorry, couldn't help myself....)

LOL that was the name of this thread before I decided on calling it "OVERKILL!"... still is over on the ngwculb forum.

So does that mean you approve?

Heck yeah, I dig what you've done and the paintjob is going to be really cool!

just remembered what I was gonna mention....
back in highschool I didn't have much cash to toss at the car and i had this neat old white bug; nice wheels, lowered, beefed up engine but pretty ordinary looking. I saw pics of EVH's guitar and ran out and dropped $20 on a few different widths of vinyl striping and went nuts. Everybody but my dad loved that car.....

Quick little picture show...
Bother in law cracked the windshield on his bike and after I installed his new one, I scavenged some of the hardware from his old one to make the exhaust hanger.

Got the air box fitted and the new Uni filter on.

But before I did that I HAD to see how the tins looked in place ;)

That pretty much set it for me, spraying the clear on them as is on Sunday.

Looks bad ass man, maybe I'll head down to kville and see it in person here soon. This really makes me get to repainting mine now instead of waiting for the winter

I'm pretty happy with it, couple of flaws that I didn't see before the blue but too late now. Hard to see unless you know where to look. The clear should help smooth them out (hopefully).

Shermanator86: I'd REALLY like to get this done and bring it up to you before the snow flies... but you are always welcome to come down. ;)

Nice Hoosier!! I would rock that paint any day!

And good job getting the airbox in there. Usually doesn't seem like that big of a deal until you actually TRY to install it......

And NOW the clear is done! Wet sanded carefully to get it scuffed but not go through the blue. 3 cans= 8 coats, first was light gradually getting heavier. Last can yielded 2 coats no runs , sags, or flaws to be seen as of yet. (whew)
Can hardley wait for the next sunny day when the parts are coming out to see it in the sunlight.
I let it dry hanging for a while, then went out and opened the door and snapped this pic.The focus / lighting, especially in the shop, isn't showing the metalic as well as it looks in person... and the color looks all wrong because of the reflection... but
you can see the GL1100 in it.

That's all right Swagger I knew what you meant...
Ok, last time I going to dwell on the paint but I am so happy with the way it turned out!
I got it out in the sun and here is the results.

Here is the reflection when not in the direct light.

And the metalics up close...

Back
Top Bottom