GOT a Zookie! "OVERKILL!"

Maritime said:
EVH Eddie Van Halen

DOOOH!
I even used that acronym myself earlier in the thread! Here I thought you were talking about a clear that was recomended I use. LOL
In that case.... Yes, yes I am!

Ha ha, figured that was what you thought. Just be bloody careful when filling heer, hate to see gas stains on that nice paint job.

Had the Flu bug for a couple days (could shit through a screen door and not hit metal) so that took away from the shop time.... but back at it now, been doing the wiring. Cleaning connections and trying to re-route to tidy up without cutting the factory harness. Sure is time consuming along with the other minor details like cotter pins and cables.... Putting together a DCC order, $18 more bucks and I can get my tail-n-turns

Hoosier Daddy said:
Had the Flu bug for a couple days (could shit through a screen door and not hit metal) so that took away from the shop time.... but back at it now, been doing the wiring. Cleaning connections and trying to re-route to tidy up without cutting the factory harness. Sure is time consuming along with the other minor details like cotter pins and cables.... Putting together a DCC order, $18 more bucks and I can get my tail-n-turns

Bugger on the flu! But I think that belongs in the "too much info" bucket (literally)... hahaha

Wiring can be a complete PITA but if you do it right then you won't have to do it again...

No idea what a DCC order is though? Am I missing something?

Funny you should ask! Got the gauges remounted and was able to completed the wiring last night. Turned the key and she lit up. Pulled in the clutck and hit the start button and she cranks!!!
Need to fab up a temp fuel tank and she SHOULD be started SATURDAY.

Hoosier Daddy said:
Funny you should ask! Got the gauges remounted and was able to completed the wiring last night. Turned the key and she lit up. Pulled in the clutck and hit the start button and she cranks!!!
Need to fab up a temp fuel tank and she SHOULD be started SATURDAY.
Nice man, from the looks of it, it might be nice enough to ride around a bit on sat as well, guess i need to get my engine back together tonight haha

Sounding good! It's Saturday morning here... so where are the pic's :p

Can't wait to see and hear if you take video ;D

Well I got good news! :)
Got home from work about 3:00, after stopping by the auto-parts store and picked up 2 more quarts of oil. I rigged up a small gas tank out of a plastic bottle, hose, and a fuel filter. Gave everything a final check, pulled the choke and hit the starter.
Crank
Crank
Blurble....
Va-Room!
Idle speed was way too high so I pushed in the choke at lightening speed and she shut right off. (whew!)
Turned the idle speed screw down and tried again. This time it started and she went into a nice fast idle, pushed in the choke and it settled right in. Checked all four pipes were warm and shut her down. I knew she would smoke on the first start and I wasn't disappointed. But what surprise me is how quiet the SuperTrapp and Kerker Header is!
Rechecked for leaks and all was well. So I let the pipes get cool since I wanted to properly cure the paint on the headers.
2nd time She only needed 1/2 choke and came to life again. Pushed in the choke and I let it set and idle, exhaust cleared to where it only "puffed" when revved. Nothing drastic, short bursts to maybe 2500-3000 RPM, no hesitation, very responsive and returns to idle right away... SWEET! Pipes a little hotter this time.
Time for a beer, and ponder how marvelous the world is right now. Grabbed the camcorder and headed back out to make a short video. Of course the battery was dead so I would be tethered with the power cord... Blank disc? Damn! Ok found one with room on it.
Got back out there and picked up a little. By then the pipes were still warm but I could lay my hands on them, press "record and did my spiel. She fired up, no choke and smooth idle, rev, rev... barley and smoke. Shut the bike and the camcorder down. Had a "Failure to Finalize" but I won't know if it turned out until Monday when I get back to work... This high-po computer I bought for here at home won't read mini DVRs! Got to get on my POS 'puter at work to upload onto Youtube ::)
All's well though, she starts, runs, idles and revs... Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!!!

Viva la Supertrapp!

Glad to hear everything went smoothly. Will be waiting for the video......

Yea Rich, that is the most remarkable thing about the whole adventure! I bought it used and when I got it I verified it has the number of discs in it that the seller had told me. It's only got 4 out of a possible 6. Supposedly that is the number recommended for a stock engine running on the street. I can see why these are so popular. I have been all over Supertrapps websight and can not find this old slash cut, closed ended mullfer, that has a single bolt through the end cap. All the current ones end caps have 6 bolts around the parimeter, except the dirt bike flame arrester version...*EDIT* I checked the end cap and it is a flame arrester, says so right on it.

Ok Hoosier, it's almost noon (for me anyways). Let's not pretend you're too busy at "work" to upload videos........

:D

Back
Top Bottom