GOT a Zookie! "OVERKILL!"

Good stuff Hoosier, just got my engine back in the bike and running and should have the rest of the bike together tonight. So if it stays nice me and a couple of guys are planning on taking a ride down towards kville, you going to be around on sat?

That would be GREAT! I have to work Saturday but should be home in the Afternoon. If the weather co-ops I could jump on the 'oldWing and tag along!

Cool man, it wouldn't be til the afternoon anyway as the one guy works til noon. I'll see if we can get finished putting it back together tonight and get the carb tuned so its able to ride

Wow...HD that's really quiet for the 'trap! Sounds solid too mate, very nice job once again!
I can't wait to see it with the tins

Ask away kokoVmaxa when you get a chance. If I do not know the answer I will try and find it for you or send you to someone who can.

Hoosier Daddy said:
Ask away kokoVmaxa when you get a chance. If I do not know the answer I will try and find it for you or send you to someone who can.
Hi - one of my very very importent question is for the wheels(rims) from wich Suzuki will fit to GR650 Tempter ? I want change rear wheel of GR650Tempter with some like 17x3 or 18x3 and look from GS but I dont now wich model will fit it??
Thank you in advance :)

kokoVmaxa said:
I want change rear wheel of GR650 Tempter with some like 17x3 or 18x3 and look from GS but I dont now wich model will fit it??

I don't have any GR650 Tempter parts to compare, but I did do some checking on the parts microfisch. Does your GR have rear Drum brakes? Any of th GS models I saw from 77- had rear disc. So that would mean a hydraulic Master cylender, hose and caliper would have to be adapted. Not impossible but quite a project. The drive sprocket hub (drum) on several GS's is the same part 64611-31003 as a GR's.
Take a look at Big Rich's two build threads in his sig. They are both GR's and maybe they may be able to, or already have answered your question.

Onto my build... I shopped around on e-bay and found some parts for the Zook, and have more on the way. Found a pair of OEM chrome gauge covers to replace the damaged back on the tach (so now I have a spare speedo cover) They wre listed for $19 but offered $10 and he accepted. SWEET!
A pack of 6 SuperTrapp discs for $16 from Summit Racing, I put all of them in with the 4 I had but wound up removing 1 for a total of 9 discs... woke her right up. Gave it a much better sound and no longer running rich.
Then yesterday my Front brake switch from TASmotorsports showed up. WOW I ordered that just the day before! Mathew at TAS has always treated me right and ya gotta love them Atomic Fireballs! ;)
Four black arrow turn signals, a hooded Lucas tail light, and Superbike grips are on their way from Dime City. THANKS HERM!

Attachments

• Turn sigs.jpg
    Turn sigs.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 266
  • Tail light.jpg
    Tail light.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 271
Ahhhhh.....that "new part" smell......

Just going to jack your thread real quick Hoosier. The GR brake hub is very picky about what it works with. The sprocket carrier (left side) was only used on the GR650, and is not compatible. The brake shoe plate (right side) was used on the GS450 and the GT models. But don't quote me on that. The easiest thing to do is find the correct rim size you need and get the spokes to fit. One thing worth mentioning though: while the stock tire is a 130-90, there isn't a lot of room for a "modern" tire. I personally haven't tried it, but I believe a 150 size tire might rub somewhere.

And Hoosier: I highly recommend finding a GR. Maybe after winter you could sell that shiny new truck for one? :D

Ya see, I knew you'd have the answer.
The sprocket carrier (left side) was only used on the GR650, and is not compatible
Interesting point about the sproket carrier, I checked the 83 GR650D (not an XD) and my '80 GS750 and they both had the same part number listed... that is if we are talking about the same part ::)
Guess I need to re-check the number I gave...

You are correct- it does fit other bikes. I meant it was specific to the hubs that I've gotten my grubby hands on, but I left that part out.........

Now that I think about it, there just might be a possible swap.........late model gs550 (?) had a mono shock swinger, and I think it had a rear disc brake as well. Either way, there are a whole lot of "if's and maybe's" involved in all that.

Back to our regular scheduled programming.

Oooh new parts... that's always gotta be a good thing ;)

Glad to hear you got her running a bit better too, I need to revisit that whole jetting thing yet... might stick some oil in first though ???

Hoosier Daddy said:
I don't have any GR650 Tempter parts to compare, but I did do some checking on the parts microfisch. Does your GR have rear Drum brakes? Any of th GS models I saw from 77- had rear disc. So that would mean a hydraulic Master cylender, hose and caliper would have to be adapted. Not impossible but quite a project. The drive sprocket hub (drum) on several GS's is the same part 64611-31003 as a GR's.
Take a look at Big Rich's two build threads in his sig. They are both GR's and maybe they may be able to, or already have answered your question.

Onto my build... I shopped around on e-bay and found some parts for the Zook, and have more on the way. Found a pair of OEM chrome gauge covers to replace the damaged back on the tach (so now I have a spare speedo cover) They wre listed for $19 but offered $10 and he accepted. SWEET!
A pack of 6 SuperTrapp discs for $16 from Summit Racing, I put all of them in with the 4 I had but wound up removing 1 for a total of 9 discs... woke her right up. Gave it a much better sound and no longer running rich.
Then yesterday my Front brake switch from TASmotorsports showed up. WOW I ordered that just the day before! Mathew at TAS has always treated me right and ya gotta love them Atomic Fireballs! ;)
Four black arrow turn signals, a hooded Lucas tail light, and Superbike grips are on their way from Dime City. THANKS HERM!
- I have interest too .....
Tail light look great - Wat is the price from LUCAS Tail Light ?!
- may be will be better if not make spam in your thread..... Skype ?

kokoVmaxa said:
- I have interest too .....
Tail light look great - Wat is the price from LUCAS Tail Light ?!
- may be will be better if not make spam in your thread..... Skype ?
Ahh HAAA! But you see the place I ordered it from, DimeCityCycle, is a sight sponcer here on DTT... so links to their items is ENCOURAGED! Everyday low low price of $38.95, here is the chrome one I ordered, they also have it in brushed aluminum and black.

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-lighting-parts-hooded-chrome-lucas-taillight-light-20-1081.html

I got those same turn signals from dcc along with head and tail, they look great but I had one of the signals go out after about 300 miles. seeing as the a $12 a pair I just ordered another set and will see how they hold up and go from there.
300794_638962906701_65000676_33178887_1145705_n.jpg

Hoosier Daddy said:
Ahh HAAA! But you see the place I ordered it from, DimeCityCycle, is a sight sponcer here on DTT... so links to their items is ENCOURAGED! Everyday low low price of $38.95, here is the chrome one I ordered, they also have it in brushed aluminum and black.

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-lighting-parts-hooded-chrome-lucas-taillight-light-20-1081.html
Thank You men !!! I look many things inside.............. I will make "little shopping" (If my wife understand will kill me ;D ;D ;D ;D )

Turning my focus back on the seat while waiting on my parts. I have several pieces of real for sure black leather that I got for free. If I want to use that, I need to take it to an ulpholstery shop, which we don't have in my town anymore. There is one in a nearby town and I talked to the owner on the phone. He's happy to do the work using my materials but declined to give me estimate. .. even a ballpark one.
Now I'm wondering if I show go back to vinyl and be able to do it myself. Maybe next week I can take the pan, foam and leather over to the upholstery shop along with a coulpe of pic of my idea and nail him down to a price.

Have a go with the vinyl and if it looks like ass then take it round and get the quote.

Back
Top Bottom