'72 Norton restoration

Alright man! that's good stuff. it sounded good too... i'm hopefully starting my Bonnie within 2 weeks.

Finally got some time to put the stripes and lettering on the tank and side covers. Then a few days later the sun came out, so I pushed the other bikes outside and sprayed the clearcoat...I'm pretty pleased with the results. The owner was out the other night and I ran it up for him...he has the registration sorted out now, so all we are waiting for is a plate...and that may be along by the end of the week. Getting closer!!!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    917.8 KB · Views: 283
goldy said:
Got the seat pan repaired, made a new mounting bracket. After that patched up the seat foam, coated the whole lot in 1/4" foam and got the cover on. Just have to fit the strap and it'll be all done. Mufflers came in too. Did some body work on the side covers and getting started on the fuel tank.

Nice work on the seat. What did you use to patch the seat foam? I have to make a similar fix on one of my projects.

I used foam from another old bike seat that I had saved...used spray on contact cement to stick the bits in place, then shaved them down with a hot fillet knife. Then covered the whole thing with a layer of 1/4" foam to get a nice smooth outer layer...polyester quilt batting works well for this too.

Great looking paint work; blows right past me, as I know my limitations!

Thanks guys!
Rain finally let up for now...had the rubber on the road today! Spent the afternoon riding around, adjusting the carbs and reading the spark plugs. The machine is running very smoothly and pulls like a Massey Ferguson tractor. Will continue to pile up a bit more mileage on it before I turn it over to it's owner, but if today is any indication, he should be able to take possession of it very soon. I guess that's it for this one! :)

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 282
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 282
Thanks Paul,

Before and after:

Attachments

• in the beginning.jpg
    in the beginning.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 330
  • in the beginning 2.jpg
    in the beginning 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 312
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 313
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 305
mmmm....boy... that is certainly pretty! Nice work there... another Recycled Brit... nice...

Goldy you've been nominated for BOTM, swing on by to accept.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=73887.msg876466#msg876466

Back
Top Bottom