NX650 Urban Dual Sport

Made a bit of progress on the NX. I FINALLY finally got the intake manifold to replace the cracked one. I double checked jetting....annnd still having issues at idle. Next step is to recheck the valves to make sure nothing is out of spec.

I was able to make a fender out of a scrambler fender. It ended up matching pretty well! Next is to finally make a side cover for the wires on the right side by the battery box, then take it all apart and repaint! We've been getting a TON of rain here in LA and even though its living under a cover, some of the bolts are starting to get rusty...ugh. Time to remove, clean and coat them again.

Hopefully I'll be able to sort out the valve issues and get it running and ride it home! Its basically all functional...just ugly.

I'll grab some better photos later this week. These will have to do! Not sure how I feel about this McDonald's color scheme haha.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1931.jpg
    IMG_1931.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 345
  • IMG_2134.jpg
    IMG_2134.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 343
  • NXtanknew.jpg
    NXtanknew.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 344
Its been a bit of time since I updated this! The NX has gotten some sweet upgrades. Mainly in the form of a sick new shock from Penske. I also made a new side panel and new rear fender, the old one from a ducati scrambler project has since been lost to the 10 Freeway haha. Little bits and bobs to just make it a smooth runner. Most of my focus these days are on the KZ project so this has fallen a bit behind. Once the KZ is done and sold this bike will get more attention to make it look pretty haha.

A few photos below! Its been getting more road time than shop time and I'm completely okay with that!

Attachments

• IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0338.JPG
    873.5 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_0339.JPG
    IMG_0339.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0340.JPG
    IMG_0340.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0341.JPG
    IMG_0341.JPG
    707.9 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0342.JPG
    IMG_0342.JPG
    852.4 KB · Views: 311
flip_rip said:
Also! got some cool stuff in the mail. I plan on cleaning up the wiring on this bike. I cant stand wires just hanging out everywhere, but I do want this to be street legal.

I found this nifty controller that is MotoGP'-esque and has all the functions I need, but in a lower profile package compared to what is currently on the bike. Also the current controls are faded, so its a win-win. In the photo it looks a little bit, but its actually really nice and compact.

Where did you source this handlebar switch from?

I just picked up the Shinko 805/804 combo for my KLR650. Heard nothing but great things about them.

I found it on eBay for $10 they're all over. Here's one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Horn-Turn-Signal-Light-Switch-For-7-8-Handlebar-ATV-Offroad-Sport-/111802248519?hash=item1a07eeed47

And good call on the Shinkos! I feel like they have quite a bit of grip on road. They ride a bit rough, but thats just 50/50 tires. Loads of grip off road. For the price you really can't go wrong!

KLR650- The MOST practical bike in the world haha.

Back
Top Bottom