Frame and Engine fitment question

hecklejk

Been Around the Block
Hey guys, does anyone know if a CB 500 engine will fit into a CB 200 frame?? I have a CB200 frame for sale, and a guy called me and asked if his 500 engine would fit it..

Cheers,
Kevin

Well, of course it wouldn't be a direct bolt up, but if the engine cradle is long enough from swing arm to front down tube, anything is possible. I have put a 500/4 motor into a 360 frame, but it took a lot of modification and fabrication of brackets. Depends on how much time he is willing to spend too. Wonder why he is wanting to do that?

A 500 twin right? Anyhow, like Kanticoy said, anything is possible. That would be a bad idea IMO though. The 200 frame isnt built for the exra weight, and performance. By the time he was done getting the 500 into the 200 frame, it would have been cheaper to just get a 500 frame...

VonYinzer said:
A 500 twin right? Anyhow, like Kanticoy said, anything is possible. That would be a bad idea IMO though. The 200 frame isnt built for the exra weight, and performance. By the time he was done getting the 500 into the 200 frame, it would have been cheaper to just get a 500 frame...

+1.

When we did ours it was crazy modified....it was done for the titled frame deal, but it's a pain in the ass.

word, thanks guys.. I didn't really understand why the guy wanted to put that big a motor in a tiny ass frame.... but hey, I need the $$ for my build so there ya go!

Cheers,
Kevin

Back
Top Bottom