My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project (The Build Up Begins!)

I thought i was the only one doing that,lol. Incredible work n detail as always!!!!

Don't know if this was said so thought I would ask . With the carbs now kicked out causing from the looks gives a straighter line from filter thru carb into motor . Will this help with better flow of air and give better performance or other way around ? Bike is looking perfect man !

johnu said:
Been in Great Lakes Illinois for my sons graduation from Navy bootcamp which was awesome! So not too much progress, I did get one of my Shims made for the carb inlet manifold. It needed 5mm taper from top to bottom. Zookie sent me two of the original t500 maniflods to use to make the shims (thanks Eric and thanks for the idea how to do it). Mounted the 4 jaw chuck up in the lathe and rigged the flange at the required angle to get 5mm taper, a bit sketchy but it worked out ok.

That's very cool... my son just graduated Navy Boot Camp also. His PIR was July 19th. He's down in Pensacola, FL for his A-School now... he is loving it so far.

Oh, T500 is looking cool too. :)

3DogNate said:
That's very cool... my son just graduated Navy Boot Camp also. His PIR was July 19th. He's down in Pensacola, FL for his A-School now... he is loving it so far.

Oh, T500 is looking cool too. :)
Small world! It's an amazingly proud feeling watching your son or daughter graduate from Navy boot camp. I didn't think it would effect me so deeply. My son is also in Pensacola for A-School and he too is loving it!

DreadRock said:
Don't know if this was said so thought I would ask . With the carbs now kicked out causing from the looks gives a straighter line from filter thru carb into motor . Will this help with better flow of air and give better performance or other way around ? Bike is looking perfect man !

You are correct, I have been told it will help rather than being a hindrance.

And just to turn that timing upside down, my father in law graduated from Great Lakes and went to FL back in the 40s before he flew F4Fs and F4Us in WW11.

teazer said:
And just to turn that timing upside down, my father in law graduated from Great Lakes and went to FL back in the 40s before he flew F4Fs and F4Us in WW11.

Wow! My son won't be flying, he is a going to be a yellow shirt on the flight deck.

My Suzi T500 Project (The Build Up Begins!)

johnu said:
Wow! My son won't be flying, he is a going to be a yellow shirt on the flight deck.

My son will be a Cryptographic Technician (CTM)

Got my seat/tail polished, it looks better in real life than in the pics. I didn't polish the parts where the pad will go.

Attachments

• tp1.JPG
    tp1.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 210
  • tp2.JPG
    tp2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 225

You did a great job. Bike is lookin'...yep...it sure is! Sorry, loss for words.

At a loss here as well. Great lines, and attention to detail. Looks factory for sure

Big-D said:
At a loss here as well. Great lines, and attention to detail. Looks factory for sure

More like a factory prototype or styling studio model or works racer.

Thanks guys, I suppose after building the thing for almost three years it better turn out a bit decent;) I put the rear lights in and the seat pad on today. Don't really like how the pad looks I might just make it one piece.

Attachments

• sp2.JPG
    sp2.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 220
  • sp3.JPG
    sp3.JPG
    937.8 KB · Views: 213

I actually do like the pads, but not the color.. if they were like jet black I think it would look better maybe..

Ill 2nd the seat pad color , a black would flow better with the bike !

I agree. The pad is supposed to be black but it is more gray than black. I bought this stuff from ebay and it is pretty low quality. I will be ordering some more from Airtech today.

Tank is next for sanding and polishing! I have to put the Caswell liner in first though.

Attachments

• tp1.JPG
    tp1.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 216
Back
Top Bottom