My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project (Almost Done!)

You cant catch a break on that damn oil pump!

Hoping to get the pump this week! I have to have the bike done by November 14, that's when my son comes home from flight deck training. I promised him it would be ready for him to test ride it then.

John, I hope that this time it works out for you. I'm looking forward to a running video!

Still no pump yet :( Getting bored so I built another m/c work table, I don't like bending over working on bikes anymore :)

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    307.9 KB · Views: 223

John,

Are you sure the old pump is FUBAR. Did you try attaching it to an oil tank and run it on a power drill to see if it pumps without all the lines and check valves?

teazer said:
John,

Are you sure the old pump is FUBAR. Did you try attaching it to an oil tank and run it on a power drill to see if it pumps without all the lines and check valves?

No, will do that now!

teazer said:
John,

I agree never seen a bad one :-\ if there is any amount of air in there it will not work :'( what I do is #1 all lines must be loose including the one from the tank ,when oil is present at pump tighten that line #2 run with pump cable pulled wide open till oil is coming out of banjo bolts tighten those #3 run again and watch the oil move down the lines till it comes out of the last banjo,s done ;D this takes some time :mad: never used a drill could be faster and you don't have to run the engine ;)

cobraace2 said:
I agree never seen a bad one :-\ if there is any amount of air in there it will not work :'( what I do is #1 all lines must be loose including the one from the tank ,when oil is present at pump tighten that line #2 run with pump cable pulled wide open till oil is coming out of banjo bolts tighten those #3 run again and watch the oil move down the lines till it comes out of the last banjo,s done ;D this takes some time :mad: never used a drill could be faster and you don't have to run the engine ;)

Thanks I will try that. I have been bleeding the pipe to the pump then trying to bleed through the end of the pump, by loosing the 17mm brass bolt in the end of the pump, this is what is says in the manual and it was successful when i did it about a year or so ago but nothing now.

Well my pump still hasn't arrived so i am going to try the other suggestions offered here. First I have to clean the carb from my KTM as it is running as rough as a Rhino's backside. It's a nightmare working on this carb I hate it. Also got some new Ultegra shift levers and new cables to install on my road bike.

Attachments

• photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    296.9 KB · Views: 233

John, I didn't know you were also a cyclist? I ride quite a bit and love it. I'm a Campagnolo guy though. I would love to try the electric shifting groupo.
The carburetor look's intimidating; Keihin? I'm looking for an affordable PWK 38 Keihin for my current project.
Cheers, 50gary

My Suzi T500 Project (Almost Done!)

These guys have the best price that I've found on Keihins...

http://www.jetsrus.com

50gary said:
John, I didn't know you were also a cyclist? I ride quite a bit and love it. I'm a Campagnolo guy though. I would love to try the electric shifting groupo.
The carburetor look's intimidating; Keihin? I'm looking for an affordable PWK 38 Keihin for my current project.
Cheers, 50gary

Yes I'm a cyclist, I just bought the Ultegra 6700 shifters from a friend who switched over to sram red. I currently have Ultegra 6600 on my Scott Addict. I have been a long time mountain biker, I started road riding to do triathlons about 10 years ago. No more triathlons though as my knee is worn out!

A friend of mine has the electric shifters and they work really well.

With the Keihin it never seems that I get it totally cleaned out properly, this time I am going to take my time with it and make sure everything is perfect before reinstalling it.

For the best carburetor cleaning I feel the ultrasonic is the way to go.
Cheers, 50gary

50gary said:
For the best carburetor cleaning I feel the ultrasonic is the way to go.
Cheers, 50gary

Not sure how to go about ultrasonic cleaning. I soaked all my jets and needle in choke cleaner this weekend and then blew everything out with compressed air and it is running as sweet as a nut now:)

Worked on the oil pump a bit today, rigged it up on the bench and used a drill to turn it. I can get a ton of oil to come out of the #1 port just by cracking the banjo. I get a little bit out of the #2 & 3 ports and very little out of the #4 bleed nut when turning it with the drill. I remember when I had the bike running when I first reassembled the engine that the oil pour out of the #4 bleed nut just by kicking the engine over.

Question; how do I fill the oil lines from the pump to the engine before i connect it all up? I don't see an easy way to do it because of the banjos on the ends. Do I even need to fill them with oil?

Attachments

• photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    272 KB · Views: 219

Son of a gun! ! Thought I was gonna see some pics of progress.
I am trying to be patient, the deadline is approaching.

I have one week to get it on the road, that's when my son gets back from A school Navy training!

John, I would use a large horse syringe (available at a veterinarian supply) or a small glue syringe to prime the lines, I use them to fill brake lines prior to bleeding.
Best of luck.
Cheers, 50gary

Back
Top Bottom