79 KZ750 takes on a dramatic new look...lol

caferacer86

Well ever since i got my new to me 1980 KZ1000 ltd the 750 twin went into the shop for a new transformation. I have always been a big fan of the old school hard tail chop look. Here is what i came up with so far. The swing arm is stretched 5 inches, back half of the frame has been lopped off and my version of a hard tail tacked into place. I also noticed when i was riding it the right cylinder was blowing a lot of oil, pulled the head and jugs off and found out i had a cracked oil ring in the second cylinder. Here is a few pics of it now :)

Attachments

• Chop1.jpg
    Chop1.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 386
Im going to be getting a set of forward controls from TC Bros also. Im going to leave the jugs, head and bottom end of the motor aluminum color, bit ill do the engine covers satin black.

I still have to figure out where i am gonna mount the battery and the electrical's. I have been thinking about paint options as well. Maybe a kawi green frame, and flat black bodywork? Or maybe a lighter blue color on the frame?

Well boys im back in the game, i split from my girl, got a new plce with a bitching garage, and im ready to finish this thing up with the cash uncle sam is giving me back. My list so far is, Tc Bros forward controls, possibly there battery box / fake oil tank, gasket set for the motor, and new piston rings. The paint is as follows, for the frame a nice glossy black, the tank will be a white base coat, with a few layers of duplicolor ocean blue metalspecks, a meal flake clear, and ill be using an auto motive 2 part clear to protect it. This puppy will be a blast from the past.

That thing is begging to have a Sportster peanut tank set on it. I have one I'd trade you for your stock KZ tank if its clean inside and out.

caferacer86 said:
Thanks guys !!!! PM sent :)
I tried PM-ing you about the tank trade, but got no response. Hit me up at my Yahoo account for faster turn around. Its the same at my DTT handle.

Got rid of a few of my other project bikes. and brought this one up from the back burner. Got all my finish welding done on the frame. I got it painted a nice glossy black along with the sissy bar, i polished the rear chrome fender up like new, decided to run kz 1000 mag wheels, painted gloss black, double disk up front and single in the rear. Now i'm trying to figure out a foot clutch and jockey shift set up. Next will be finding a sportster tank and making a seat.

caferacer86 said:
Now i'm trying to figure out a foot clutch and jockey shift set up. Next will be finding a sportster tank and making a seat.

why not use 7/8" tube for the jockey shift and put a clutch lever on it ????? i've seen it done in the UK back in the early days of Back Street Heroes magazine and it looks cool as feck and works a treat

Back
Top Bottom