CX500 minor bob job - whooooot issues solved goes like a bat out of hell, for an old bike at least

Re: CX500 minor bob job - Road her to work, time to address issues

Well Ibthink I found my issue. Pulled the carbs for cleaning and as I was taking them apart I noticed the right slide would not go all the way up. There was a small nick in the shaft and it would catch. Smoothes that our and polished up the slide and shaft and now ig goes to 11 so when the snow stops I will be taking her out and seeing if she performs a bit better.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

I hope I get a chance to try it.

throw it in your truck

stop at the corner store and pick up 20 coffee crisp bars

come down here and we will go riding

LOL, I hope the snow is done tomorrow so I can give it one last ride then do it up for winter storage.

so how do i get the coffee crisp??????

If I could I would happily throw the cx in the trailer and come ride, and bring the coffee crisps but sadly life will not currently allow that.

just bring the coffee crisps

i have more than enough bikes to ride lol

and some molson beer

Re: CX500 minor bob job - whooooot issues solved goes like a bat out of hell, for an old bike at lea

Well I put the re-cleaned, slide adjusted carb back with the 118 jets, and holy shit. 110 mph indicated 9500 rpm in 5th and more road and would have got to 10k rpm. There was some left. Needs a slight bit of tuning but holy shit. I got on and whacked the throttle like I was and almost fell off lifted the front wheel and put a huge shit eating grin on my face. Pics from after the ride at 40 deg.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384203329604.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384203329604.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 891
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384203351422.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384203351422.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 415
Re: CX500 minor bob job - whooooot issues solved goes like a bat out of hell, for an old bike at lea

Cheers, Mike!

That's excellent to hear, you must be very pleased. No better feeling that figuring something out like that. Also, good that you were able to get it figured out before winter, it would have been on your mind all winter long :)

CX500 minor bob job - whooooot issues solved goes like a bat out of hell, for...

Way to go man!

Re: Re: CX500 minor bob job - whooooot issues solved goes like a bat out of hell, for an old bike at

HerrDeacon said:
That's excellent to hear, you must be very pleased. No better feeling that figuring something out like that. Also, good that you were able to get it figured out before winter, it would have been on your mind all winter long :)
You are right there. It would have driven me nuts. I got her dialed in at 95% now. Just need tonplug chop in spring to make sure there is no lean or rich spots. All the little shitty surges, pops etc are gone and full throttle is full throttle. Now I can focus on the gl for winter.

Atta boy Mike. Change the oil, put some Stabil in the gas, and a charger on the battery. There's work to be done!

Well since I just filled it with oil like 2 miles ago, that is done, Stabil in the tank along with the GL and all the lawn mowers etc. I serviced the snow blower and it is ready for the f'n white stuff. Cheers

Good job that !!!

Nice!!

I'd love to find a CX project... one of these days :)

Hell yeah man! Congrats! That's pretty quick on one of those postal carrier bikes! :eek: ;) 8) 8) 8)

WOW! That is a tight ride!!

Back
Top Bottom