Motorcycle Powered Kart: Father Daughter Project

Air Box

Degreased and cleaned.
Saturated the plastic with silicone. Buffed off an hour later.
Note to self: get some foam oil.
May end up using a pod.

IMG_4153_zpsdefh8qj1.jpg

IMG_4169_zps5kiehhji.jpg

Motor

I cleaned up the motor. If this things as good on the inside as it appears on the outside, Ill count myself very lucky!

IMG_4164_zpsqfy7lai4.jpg

deviant said:
I'ma jump on board. Every kid's dream.

Geesh Eric, that's every man woman and child's dream...............

Great work on the cart.

I gotta watch this, it looks great.

Dale said:
If this things as good on the inside as it appears on the outside, Ill count myself very lucky!

If that CG clone is as well made as the one in the SkyTeam 'Ace' you will be very happy!
It looks pretty much identical, except for the capacity.

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
If that CG clone is as well made as the one in the SkyTeam 'Ace' you will be very happy!
It looks pretty much identical, except for the capacity.

Crazy

Wow that SkyTeam Ace is a nice looking little bike! What is a CG clone?

Started cutting today.

IMG_4196_zpsq6eenyd7.jpg

IMG_4197_zpstkhofuc0.jpg

Dale said:
What is a CG clone?
Honda CG125. A European Honda. If yours is 200cc, I'm guessing it's a clone of an ATC or CM. Most of the time, Honda parts fit right in.

Dale said:
Wow that SkyTeam Ace is a nice looking little bike! What is a CG clone?

And they handle as good as they look!

As Deviant said, the CG125 was sold as a learners bike in the UK and Europe, but they were originally designed as a low maintenance motor for SE Asia and South America (lots of hot-up parts still available from Brazil!).

This is my 'Ace' motor after the removal of the unnecessary 2kg of starter motor and before going to 150cc with oil cooler:

item.JPG

The speed holes were an impulse.

Crazy

This thread may have just ruined my brain... worse. A big Grizzly 660 into a side by side or crawler... hmmm.

The Father Daughter/Son moto projects are always win win. Have a great time with this one.

Thanks again for all the supportive comments guys.

My daughter was feeling a little despondent, as she told all her friends at school what we were doing and they all pretty much called her a liar.

I took her through this build thread this morning before school, and well it pretty much made her day. Thanks, appreciated. :)

Check out this chassis inspiration:

Tubular_01_zpscqpc43pm.jpg

Id love to go tubular, but it will just be so much easier to build this out of square tubing.

make sure you put a nice bumper on there just incase she sees any of those brats while she is riding around! ;D ;D

That tube chassis is sweet........go tube
just need a notcher and a bender (JD2)

Nj732port said:
make sure you put a nice bumper on there just incase she sees any of those brats while she is riding around! ;D ;D

This made me actually laugh out loud

Ha ha

Yeah, Round Tubing will be awesome.
Had a chat to my dad. Hes got a pipe bender and has offered to help out.
So I guess this is now gonna be "Dad, Grandpa, Daughter Project" :)

Update with pics coming tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom