1971 CB450 Lube and twist

HAHAHA, yep socks. I want warm feet, but don't want to wear shoes so that's what we get.

Been a real bum lately. I have got nothing done on the bike. I did pull the head light off and put the tank on to give me some inspiration. I think it helped. Going to be slow going for the next few weeks. Holidays and the baby will eat most my time. Its been fun being a dad, she is starting to bablle all the time. She will be turning wrenches with me in no time.

What did you use as your sacrificial for the inside tank electrolysis? I did the outside of my tank but haven't done the inside yet.

I used a coat hanger. I would recommend something much thicker though. The coat hanger was destroyed within a day and then the process no longer worked because I didn't replace the hanger. I will probably do it one more time with a much ticker steel rod I have. Or just make sure to replace coat hangers often.

Use baking soda. Don't look around for "washing soda" like some sites will tell you to. Baking soda works very well.

Back
Top Bottom