5ivemoto busy work build

Nah, checked the points cleaned the carb and put a spark plug in it. Fired right up.

Although the tank was pretty dirty so I had to clean the carb several more times. But I finally cleaned the tank out so I should be close to good now

We ride the piss out of it too. We just left it running when we first got it started and everyone just takes turns on it.

Oh yea I also got some decals for it. Thanks dratv

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    830.3 KB · Views: 351
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 354
As always trying to do things on the cheap I found an old set of handlebars laying around the poorly lit one car garage and I tried something new. And pretty ghetto

They were typical 7/8 bars and they had a funky stock shape...

I knew what I wanted them to look like and I new it wasn't miles away

Started by cutting out two inches or so outta the middle

So then I took a mutabo and started making cuts in the bends

(Shoulda measured that more carefully and drank less) typical

Then I bent the bends to get closer to my shape and tacked them with my little MIG

Once I was pretty close I brought them up to work and burned in the welds

I can draw them a little with that process to try to get closer to some sort of symmetry

Then I cut the uprights and turned them straight out and TIGd it all up

Kinda pleased with how it came out. And the price was awesome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 335
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    805.9 KB · Views: 340
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,010.6 KB · Views: 364
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 349
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 346
I'll post finish pics up as soon as I get to that point. May try to put controls on tonight and new grips next week

Thats some pretty creative shit with the bars man.. lookin good

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68231.0 thats my build thread.. I hope to get some good wrench time in this weekend

Thanks Lugo cheapassness is the mother of invention.

They really didn't turn out terrible

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 344
They're pretty wompy but I plan on telling everybody I bent them on a failed indo. Seems legit

Oh yea and I nabbed another craigslist bike. This one was 100$ and the dude I bought it from was a nice old man who promised me it ran when he parked it ( which is what everybody says right ) so I put some gas and oil in it kicked it about 30 times and it freaking started.

It was gonna be just a diner for my cb400 scrambler project but now it seems a shame to take the mutabo to it, but that's prob how it will end up after I ride the piss outta it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 341
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 347
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.9 KB · Views: 353
Well I'm sure I skipped a lot of steps and the bike isn't 100% squared away but it's in the mid 60's here and supposed to be in the 70's next week so had to get the 110 off the lift for tue night bike night

Here she is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 343
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 339
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 337
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 333
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 336
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 329
Great build man.. turned out really nice.. I got my build thread started.. Havent done too much. I am getting my workshop this week, really gonna dive into it after that.. I love your CT tho man

Back
Top Bottom