Maritime's new GL - 2UP Distance eater

july is good eric has even been threatening to come down

if not we could go drink his beer

Colour scheme decided, just need to have the time and weather to finish it.

1732-030617151639.jpeg

Thanks Irk, I decided plain blue wasn't going to cut it. I did have to sand that all off and start over, can't see it in the Pic but humidity fucked with the paint as it was at like 90% when I shot that paint to test it. been like that or too cold for the last week. Need a good day to get the parts all masked off and in colour then clear.

Thanks Im feckin trying to get it done. 2 steps forward one back. I might just say fuck it and clear it half assed

Thanks, too bad I am going to have to strip it all back to bare, the silver dried fine at first but then became sticky and soft, I didn't dare clear over it, there was a mix in paint, I had tried another type of silver first. It was nice colour but was hell to spray so I sanded it down and re-shot with Duplicolor as I have good luck with that stuff, It laid fine but reacted over night with the other silver. I'm getting sick of re-doing this paint!

Yep the paint that screwed me was a rustoleum product i have done duplicolor 5 times with 2 k clear and had wonderful results. My wife got the silver as I didnt specify duplicolor and so I tried it. It wouldnt spray flat it kept running as it was a 2x thick paint and so I gave up and sanded it all smooth. It was a diffrent type of paint and the duplicolor that I bought after didnt play nice. It was dry, i was able to mask it off and then it went squishy 24 hrs later.

Wow I just found this, a newbie to DTT . Sorry about the deer, I had a crash with an emu in OZ many years ago, it happened so fast. Very glad you have fixed up your bike (r cm bikes ever finished?) I wish you and the wife many happy miles of open road. I like the sliver paint

Damn man, where the hell were you to hit an Emu? First time I have heard of someone hitting an Emu on a bike.

The paint looks great Maritime. Pity about the silver not playing nice.

Back
Top Bottom