360 City Scrambler!

2.3efi

Been Around the Block
Started piecing together the build today and though I would share with you guys.

bikeinbed.jpg

Background: Picked up this CL360 with a little over 3,000 miles on the clock. The carbs were gummed up and the stator cover had a nice crack in it, but the bike was a great starting point.
33116123630610364771248.jpg

Did a lot of trimming on the frame and replaced some of the stock gussets with stronger cross bars instead. Also welded in a rear hoop for the seat.
img6305o.jpg

Started to mock it up today, the frame still needs to be be sent out for powder coating and the the cl pipes are going to be black ceramic coated.
img6321g.jpg

frame needs PC?? Looks MINT!!!
looks sweet dude. what else do you have planned on her

Thanks guys.
Over all plans for the bike are to keep it simple and make it something that you wouldn't be afraid to rip through a field with lol.

We had painted the frame, but the paint never fully cured and remained tacky. To strip the frame back down again and paint it, it would be worth just spending the 100 or so to have it PC.

If you look in the last pic you can see the mounts on the underside for the skid plate. We have a skid plate made out of stainless that still needs to be mounted.

Plan is to keep the green. It kind of screams fun haha. ;D

I split the exhust pipes up tonight and sandblasted them. I found a small hole in the top muffler that has to be tigged before powder coating it.

img6368e.jpg

img6371t.jpg

Just waiting for the oven to heat up.
img6376c.jpg

Fresh out of the oven. Huge improvement over the rust.
img6384s.jpg

Mock up for the headlight/turn signal bracket
img201112272132122.jpg

img6412c.jpg

img6405d.jpg

View from the front
img6430g.jpg

trek97 said:
looks great! skid plate is awesome. what is on the bars, socks?

Thanks.
That's just the cover that came on the bars to keep them from getting scratched up while shipping.

Dang! You got a lot done on the first day! Haha

I love everything about this. On board for sure.

Are those bars mounted, or just sitting on top of the light? If they are mounted, can you snap some pics of how you made it work? Thanks!

callmesb said:
Are those bars mounted, or just sitting on top of the light? If they are mounted, can you snap some pics of how you made it work? Thanks!

I'll get some pix up later tonight hopefully. In short we made a plate to move the bars in front of the forks that mounted to the underside of the top triple tree clamp. Then we cut rod section off the stock clamps and milled them flat and drilled and tapped them. They are mounted on the underside of the plate.

The plate that the bars are mounted to isn't the final one(too thin) but it should give you an idea of how I plan on mounting the bars.

img6398b.jpg

img6388g.jpg

Back
Top Bottom