scrap yards in northern california

doc_rot

Oh the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
Anyone know of any good scrap yards that have old Japanese stuff around the bay area? I have been calling around but its hard enough to even get someone on the phone. I'm located in San Jose but would be willing to drive 200 miles or so to find an engine for a kz750 twin.

Turner's Auto Wrecking in Fresno has a TON of old bikes. They also have an absurd amount of old cars (roadkill did an episode where they went there, found a car, fixed it up, and drove it out). I remember them having at least one 750 twin, but that was also a while ago.
A couple blocks away from there is APF motorcycle salvage, who also has a ton of stuff. Ever been to bent bike up in Lynnwood? There is at least 3x as much stuff at APF.
I've also been told there's one up in Santa Rosa, but never made it that far up north to check it out. The guy I bought my CM200 from in Stockton said he got it and a few other bikes up in Santa Rosa though.
That's all I'm aware of, but I'd also like to know about any others around the bay area, since it isn't too much of a drive for me to get up there.
Whats wrong with the engine in your KZ?

I'll have to check those out. I have been to bent bike in Lynwood as that is where I am originally from, and where my kz750 is in storage. I'm living in San Jose at the moment and want to keep making progress on some stuff for the motor but have nothing to check fitment against. Also I would like to start building a hot motor with balanced crank, undercut trans, custom Pistons, port and polish, cams, etc.

I asked about bent bike cuz I remember seeing you say something about being in Washington before moving to the bay.
Turner's might be a good place for a mock up engine that's gonna get a full rebuild, they sit outside so not super clean

Back
Top Bottom