Fonzie's triumph

o1marc

Over 1,000 Posts
Fonzie from Happy Days 1949 Triumph TR5 is being auction. Was it here recently that we were discussing his 1970 Trophy that was for sale? If so can someone post a link to the thread, I can't find it.

Is that the one I saw on Ebay starting at $100,000? I reckon you could find a Triumph and make a replica for a lot less. It doesn't seem like there were a lot of changes away from original. I suppose the big difference would be Fonzie's butt never sat on the seat.

No, that's the 49 model that was his first Triumph on the show. Later on he had 1970 Bonneviile or Trophy that was red with extended forks. I think that one sold a few weeks ago. It was discussed on a forum, but I can't remember which one now.

I'll admit to knowing squat about Fonzie's Triumphs. But the money wanted for them nowadays is silly. From what I saw on Ebay it was a pretty standard Triumph. And to me Fonzie's buttprint an a seat isn't worth $90,000.

Happy Days was not so iconic that it would make that bike worth the $100K asking price. I believe it was relisted after no bids the first time around. I think yesterday there were like 200+ watchers, today it is over 700+.

Hoofhearted said:
I'll admit to knowing squat about Fonzie's Triumphs. But the money wanted for them nowadays is silly. From what I saw on Ebay it was a pretty standard Triumph. And to me Fonzie's buttprint an a seat isn't worth $90,000.
Probably more than just a buttprint, since he was/is terrified of motorcycles, he probably peed a little too when he sat on it. ::)

Back
Top Bottom