xs650 Sumotrack

Here you go man, I dig the stripe you picked. IMHO you got a lot of different colors going on and the stripes are an opportunity to unify, so I took a little liberty and tried a couple other color combos. Now that the stripes are drawn its easy to change colors. let me know if you want to try something else.

Attachments

• black.jpg
    black.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 281
  • gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 274
  • red&gold.jpg
    red&gold.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 264
  • red&gold2.jpg
    red&gold2.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 263
  • red&gold3.jpg
    red&gold3.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 272
Awesome! I'm probably going to put black pre-filters to hide the red on the pods. I'll probably go with the first one, just black stripe and yamaha in gold leaf. Thank you, it looks awesome.

Paint is about done. I tried a practice piece for the gold leaf and decided I need to practice more before commiting on the tank. But tomorrow I can mount the fuel pump.

Attachments

• 20180601_195937.jpg
    20180601_195937.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 286
  • 20180601_195931.jpg
    20180601_195931.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 299
Thanks! This bike is making up for all the projects I attempted before I had to tools and knowledge to do it right.

Fuel pump is in its home. Going to get a 2 pin weatherpack connector for the wires. With the right crimpers those connectors are great.

Attachments

• 20180602_132955.jpg
    20180602_132955.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 279
Well, I learned a lesson today. Kemso fuel pumps kinda suck. I had tested it and all was good, but when trying to crank the bike I wasn't getting fuel pressure. So pulled out the multi-meter and checked that there was voltage getting to it. I knew the relay was coming on because the coils are run by the same one. Had voltage, so I pulled the tank and removed the pump. connected it straight to a battery and nothing. So now I am waiting on a quantum pump that should be here today. But In good news I have the timing dialed in at a fixed 10*, meaning I can switch over to the spark table and should be good. And yes, I checked timing on both cylinders since it is a rephase to make sure I have the oddfire setting right.

Ok, so I got a few heat cycles on the engine and retorqued the head. I also replaced a cam seal while I was at it, one decided it didn't want to do its job. I'm slowly getting some tuning done, I synced the throttle bodies today, and started fiddling with the fuel and ignition map as quick throttle move would cause a stumble. i wish there was a better selection of smaller throttle bodies, I really think this engine would be happier with 31-32mm throttles instead of 38mm.

I doubt the modern 250/300/350 singles/twins are available except as OEM which would make them very expensive? The no idea of throttle bore on MX 250's? May be bit smaller?

I think the cbr250/300 is a 40mm. Plus the singles would take more machine work and thought to link properly. I know the gpz1100 and the kz750 turbo had 31 or 34mm, but it would take adapters to fit standard injectors. I might try making a "choke" like the side draft webers use to bring the bore down to 32 or 34mm. I have the center bodies from the rack I can experiment on.

Also it takes a good bit more fiddling when there are no base maps available.

It is a good size, but linking a pair doesn't look very easy. Also with how the injector mounts there probably aren't many higher flowing ones that'll fit.

Well I have a headlight and speedometer now. The number plate will be painted once I'm fully happy with it. The light staryed as a generic ebay LED projevtor with high/low and angel eye. As you can tell, I'm not a fan of angel eyes, so the light was modified. The speedo is an inexpensive 60mm gps speedometer with built in antenna.

Attachments

• 20180616_203539.jpg
    20180616_203539.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 283
  • 20180616_203550.jpg
    20180616_203550.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 283
Can anyone guess what these parts will be? Made them yesterday getting ready to finish one of the last things the bike needs.

Attachments

• 20180621_183903.jpg
    20180621_183903.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 276
Rear brake lever pivot. The shaft goes through the stock pivot hole in the frame, the hex piece has a bronze bushing and will get the pedal attached to it.

I got busy though because during a test ride I discovered it would not stay in 1st. Pulled the engine yesterday, opened the bottom end and found a bad shift fork. Pulled the spare transmission apart and swapped the good shift fork in. Engine is back in, almost done reconnecting everything.

Back
Top Bottom