2 Stroke World

As far as we can tell, the site owner renewed the hosting package late last year and then the domain registration expired. no one has been able to get in touch with him yet, but several are trying. One regular may end up buying the domain when it becomes available if it is not renewed.

wow, I came over here to post up a thread asking the same thing.

Ill have to look, is it "m_in_sc" that runs it? If so, I think I have his email and might be able to ask him.

Correct. At least that's how I understand it. Someone is working on it, but I don't personally know who or how far they have moved the needle yet.

For anyone who needs access while it is down try.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180828035737/http://www.2strokeworld.com/forum/index.php

It won't work 100% but might help a few people out.

I have know about web archive for a while. Came across it when I was looking for info on my BSA. Helpful when researching old bikes that links are dead to.

Just punched in the 2T world address and posted it here for you lot.

There's a 2 Stroke World on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1560489390869918/?multi_permalinks=2191137051138479%2C2191082114477306&notif_id=1548520629244588&notif_t=group_activity

2strokeworld refugees can go to everything2stroke and continue posting. Its a little different than the old site as it is hosted in the google cloud. I like it. verry chill with few rules. the mods are not bikers. after making 13 posts you get your welcome email and you can post pics and use the search.

can't believe how fractured the 2 stroke community is. tried 3 other forums before finding everything2stroke. got banned from the north american two stoke forums after posting 'how to wire any motorcycle with 5 parts'. this post is a continuation of my post in the aircooledrdclub. I tried to join that forum too, never got the conformation email. if anyone knows anybody there point them to everything2stroke where I posted an answer to their question about the rd350's regulator. got banned from the australian 2 stroke forum for posting about the vermont dmv. who knew they are such nationalists.
I am my own title company, I enjoy riding legal.

I considered buying 2sworld when it expired but didn't want to come off malicious. I have been a webmaster for 20 years and I just figured that with the now multiple issues they've had I could provide a more stable home. It's a dammed shame that it's down and seemingly permanently so now, it's (was) quite potentially the definitive RD resource. Hopefully the database is backed up somewhere, otherwise a migration of that data would be near impossible.

everything2stroke is also an amazing resource. If you buy 2sw I'll be happy to join. it is a shame and I miss 2sw. they had their faults though. no discussions of modern ignitions systems allowed because they sell them was a negative.

anyway you and all 2sw refugees are welcome at everything2stroke. having mods that are not bikers is a +.

mark H has started a replacement. Same name but dot net. It's starting to fill out.

The site doesn't sell anything, but it used to be sponsored by Economy Cycle IIRC. The Dyna RD ignition is sold by a member of the forum, but that doesn't stop discussions about ignitions and some of the guys there run Ignitech and Zeeltronic and HPI.

good info, 2strokeworld.net exists. empty though.

because they sell iggys there were no discussions of diy electronic ignitions or flywheel swaps. the stuff I'm interested in. look my avatar. to them it's trade secrets. anyway there is room for all of us. if you want to learn to wire any motorcycle on planet earth with 5 generic parts I posted it in e2s forum.

clem said:
Thanks Brodie. How in the world did you find that?

It's been around forever and it's pretty awesome when you go digging into it.
https://archive.org/

Live music, old versions of websites, you name it. It's a wonderful rabbit hole.

Sav0r said:
There has to be a way to migrate the data from the archived SMForum to the new.

Simple Machines is probably the best forum software still out there. It should be pretty simple to migrate the data. I've done it.

bracketmaker said:
good info, 2strokeworld.net exists. empty though.

because they sell iggys there were no discussions of diy electronic ignitions or flywheel swaps. the stuff I'm interested in. look my avatar. to them it's trade secrets. anyway there is room for all of us. if you want to learn to wire any motorcycle on planet earth with 5 generic parts I posted it in e2s forum.

Which "they" sell ignitions? The site doesn't. 2 guys on the old site sold ignitions - Vintage smoke (Dyna) and Economy Cycle (Zeel and MZB now PowerDynamo). I have posted about a home brewed Dyna set up and others often chime in with questions about different systems. Personally I have used Ignitech, custom Dyna, Suzuki, Hiatchi, Motoplat, Femsa, points, Lucas Magneto, transistor assisted points and I don't feel like anyone cramped my style.

What is it that you have that you want to share?

canyoncarver said:
Simple Machines is probably the best forum software still out there. It should be pretty simple to migrate the data. I've done it.

It doesn’t sound like they have access to the original database so it would have to be from archive.org.

Oddly the only forum I ever ran was SMF. It was easy to use.

What I am most bummed about is not saving my messages back and forth to m_in_sc about the liquid cooled top end conversion for my RD. He had given me a fairly in depth write up on how to do it and it was all in my inbox there. Again I know, shame on me for not saving it elsewhere, but still bummed none the less.

Back
Top Bottom