Vapor Blasting

Babsworthy said:
How long would I expect the process to take shipping from the US?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

T-A-F, you rock.

Babs, sorry I am just seeing this. Where are you at? Can't glean that from your profile. My turnaround times are about 2 days in shop, the rest is just nominal shipping speed.

N.

Here's what's new!

Two-cycle cylinder heads. This happens more often than you'd think: Guys bead blast their parts and then wish they had not. I can fix this but I sometimes spend a bunch of extra time cleaning because they don't mask and plug the parts as carefully as I do.

This was along the lines of a resurrection. I think this motorcycle was parked UNDER the barn:

Sure, we speak car!

Old trick parts:

8 Kawasaki engines? Sure, send 'em!

Vintage motocross!

"Careful with my just-honed cylinder!" Yes, we are careful :)

Brakes!

Carbs!

A "Triumph-ant" army"

Sure, we can fix that. And that, and that, and that.

OK, back to work! :)

Cool vapor blasting project in the shop here at RestoCycle this week - engine parts from a 1959 R50/2. Here are a few thousand words on the subject :)

Shiny side up!

N.

I really do love working on CBX engines. They keep us hopping, but the metal is gorgeous and after all, it's a CBX! :)

Update time from RestoCycle! So on the other side of the shop we restore and build vintage and custom motorcycles, which is what led us into the vapor blasting work in the first place.

We recently finished a nut-and-bolt restoration of a 75 Kawasaki Z1-900 that was a total blast. This bike went down to itty bits, and was completely restored - including new transmission parts, bearings, clutch, honed for the high compression big-bore pistons it wears, and a brand new head with Kibblewhite valves, springs, keepers. Carbs were also rebuilt. The fork has RaceTech internals and new tubes, the rear some nice Ikon shocks and roller swingarm bearings, and everything else in between is new or was totally refurbished to as-new condition. There is fantastic reproduction parts support for these bikes, and that is where the signature 4-into-4 exhaust came from, along with the gorgeous bodywork, faithfully reproduced by craftsmen in Japan.

It was so fun to build this bike I bought another and it is awaiting its turn :).

Where we started. It was a lot worse than it looked at this point.

Torn down, frame powdercoated, up on its stand and about to get reassembled.

Fork apart, waiting for parts from RaceTech, and installation of new springs and gold valves.

Wheels about to be relaced, new spokes, strips, and bearings. Hubs freshly vapor blasted.

New wiring harness, into replated brackets. All the wiring was carefully renewed, cleaned, retaped, made perfect.

Engine torn down to little bits: We found pitting and worn valve guides so the head got totally redone, cylinders honed. Also found bad transmission parts and bearings, all repaired or replaced. Oil pump rebuilt, clutch hub bearing, springs, discs replaced. Many new cam chain tensioner parts. This beast is actually a 1075 and has high-compression pistons to boot. It boogies :).

My brother could not resist the urge to port it, "just a little". Ok, ok. :)

We replated and reused all the original fasteners.

The entire engine was of course vapor blasted and looks new.

The build - so many details!

And done. Took it out for a maiden cruise a week or so ago, and it is running great, is a total blast to ride. Will deliver this to my friend/customer in Switzerland in the spring, just as their riding season gets started. This bike will be ridden and loved.

We have more projects and news to share, coming soon. Thanks for checking in.

Lovely BSA Victor engine came through RestoCycle this week for vapor blasting. Love love love this gorgeous British metal. Can't wait to see the bike back together!

Here are some before-and-after shots:

:)

Excited to announce some news for the new year that we have been hatching for a little while.

FREE SHIPPING ON VAPOR BLAST PROJECTS BY RESTOCYCLE!

Effective 1/1/2017 RestoCycle is now offering free return shipping to our vapor blast customers for their projects, as well as deeply discounted inbound shipping. We would not be able to do this without the support of our shipping partner UPS, as they have extended additional discounts to us in order to make this possible.

Here's how this works:

Visit our website to get an idea of what your project might cost by viewing the representative projects gallery, or better yet, complete the online ordering form and request a quote. You can easily upload photos of your project right there on the form and we will get right back to you with a firm quote.

On the order form, include the weight and dimensions of your box(es). We will use that to generate inbound shipping labels that we will email to you, which will cost about half of retail shipping costs at places like the UPS Store, or PakMail.

Print and tape the label to your (well packed) box and drop it at any nearby UPS Store or depot for free. The closest drop off locations will be in the instructions on your label.

We will bill you at cost for the inbound shipment, along with the charges for your project when it is complete, via an emailed invoice. Click right in the emailed invoice to pay online with a credit card, and your parts (and shipment tracking info) will be on their way back to you just a few days after we get them.

Click here to see a gallery of representative projects and their pricing: http://www.restocycle.com/what-does-vapor-blasting-cost

Click here to request a quote on a vapor blasting project: http://www.restocycle.com/vapor-blasting-order-form

THANK YOU ALL for your support of our business these past two years. Your support and the great feedback we have received along the way has been fantastic, and we are very excited to be able to offer this to you moving forward. Please be in touch anytime with questions or comments, we're always glad to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Nils Menten
RestoCycle LLC
Tucson, Arizona, USA
nils@restocycle.com
http://www.restocycle.com
(520) 308-3705

Back
Top Bottom