**locO leoN SR500 Bratstyle Bike** Officially done...

The bike is perfect,it gave me confidence in my build(just sold off the Harley,the slow breakdown bucket,no offense meant,I got a lemon)I wanna build a kinda bobber/cafe mix old school and on the cheap.I was given a cb750 all stock 6000 original miles .All that was asked of me for the gift was to make it into something that was fun to ride.

oh yeah.. I should mention that I just wasnt happy with the tank so I had these old Triumph knee rubbers laying around so I slapped them on the bike...

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

Yes.. the bike is not a triumph.. I know.. but somehow, it seems to finish off the bike

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2473.jpg

really dig this bike... hate the seat and the tail light does not do it for me where it is at all... but other than that dig it!

Love the bike, caddy light and all. Sure, the light's bigger and pointier than most, but it's a nice nod to vintage style while avoiding a "cookie cutter custom" look...I think it's rad. Nice work, Loco!

Thanks gents!!..
Over the winter, I've made some improvements to the seat by adding some batting foam to make it smoother.. + I've made one more seat with a different taillight that I can just swap at any time...
Perhaps I'll post some pics of the other 2 seats later on..

This is a tough looking bike, love it... The tail light is definitely in your face and out of the ordinary, which is cool for this style. If you were going for a different look, I would say it doesn't flow. But not flowing is what makes it look BA on there.

finally spent some time today to put the damn oil cooler onto the bike:

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

so thats officially it for this bike.. no more time or money is going into this thing except to ride the shit out of it!!

Did you just slide your triple down the forks? Is it really that easy to lower your front end???

did you then flip them upside down too to eliminate the old handlebar mounts?

Summerfest32 said:
did you then flip them upside down too to eliminate the old handlebar mounts?

nope.. just pulled off the handlebar clamps that are screwed on underneath the tripple clamp.
These pics might help:
IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

You'll see that the handle bar clamps holes are still there.. I just plugged one up with a rubber plug and put the headlight switch on it...

locO leoN said:
nope.. just pulled off the handlebar clamps that are screwed on underneath the tripple clamp...
You'll see that the handle bar clamps holes are still there.. I just plugged one up with a rubber plug and put the headlight switch on it...

Ah... mine don't screw out. I've read that a few people flipped the tree over to lower the headlight. I think i'd rather do similar to what you have done, but use the handle bar clamps for gauges...
No only if i could decide between bratstyle or cafe...

Summerfest32 said:
Ah... mine don't screw out. I've read that a few people flipped the tree over to lower the headlight. I think i'd rather do similar to what you have done, but use the handle bar clamps for gauges...
No only if i could decide between bratstyle or cafe...
Really??.. thats weird!.. what bike is it?... the only bike that Ive ever seen that has the handlebar clamps as a molded part of the upper tripple tree is the BSA 650.

locO leoN said:
Really??.. thats weird!.. what bike is it?... the only bike that Ive ever seen that has the handlebar clamps as a molded part of the upper tripple tree is the BSA 650.

My KZs both have the bottom half of the clamps molded as part of the triple as well. Its pretty ugly and needs grinding off if you slap clipons on them.

silverstonepgt said:
My KZs both have the bottom half of the clamps molded as part of the triple as well. Its pretty ugly and needs grinding off if you slap clipons on them.

ahh.. ok.. a KZ.. (not a real bike!!.. :) )
You could always cut a handlebar and run it across the clamps and mount your gauges on that... or something

locO leoN said:
ahh.. ok.. a KZ.. (not a real bike!!.. :) )
You could always cut a handlebar and run it across the clamps and mount your gauges on that... or something
ZING... that kinda stings... yeah, a KZ650. It's fast enough for a legit cafe, yet really wide and turns like it's on a rail, so closer to a brat. The PO cut the back end to shit... ugh. It's got some placement/identity issues...
Anyways...I'm thinking of screwing the gauges into the hole on the half clamp closest to the gas tank so the gauge will cover up the other hole closest to the headlight. (hope that makes sense in someone elses mind...)

Summerfest32 said:
ZING... that kinda stings... yeah, a KZ650.

ahh.. Im just kiddin.. those KZ's are great bikes.. Ive never owned any kawasaki yet, although I know a few DTT'ers just love Kawai's and wont ride anything else!!... Like Drewski... although he does ride like a girl !! :)

Back
Top Bottom