69' CL350 Tail Hoop

jqdp

Been Around the Block
So I've been lookin at creating a hoop for the rear end of my bike but I'm having a heck of a time visualizing how I could accomplish this with a smooth flowing transition. On the 69', the tail frame is constructed of a box frame tubing, and I need someone to point me in a direction of pictures of how people have done it in the past. I took a 7/8"s handlebar and tried to figure a configuration that would allow the hoop to be inserted about an inch into the box tubing, then welded for stability along the inside length of the circular tubing; but the 7/8" bar wont even fit inside the box tubing. Ill try and get pictures up to better illustrate the situation but any ideas or pictures would be helpful. CHeers CHeers

Re: 69' CL350 Tail Hoop

47c1675a-96f6-3be1.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Do you mean something like this perhaps?

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

If not, OpTiCs is right, pics would be very usefull to help you more.
I used a handsaw to cut of the frame. One side first and used the chopped part to draw the saw-line on the other side. That way they're about the same. I then used some tubing i pre-bended at school using a big bender. I sawed the tube linear so that the piece remaining covers the hole created by chopping the frame.
I hit the remaning part with a hammer so it got flatter and fitter nice over the frame-cavity.
I sawed and filed it in such a way that it fitted snug everywhere and then sawed the other side the same way. I then welded everything together and sprayed it with epoxy (hence the blue..) it's now black.

Back
Top Bottom