The Whack Shack (formerly known as The Aviary)

Re: The Aviary?

Hahahahaaaaaa!! I hadn't thought about the color of the insulation :D

And we have rafters now!
photo-2.jpg

I still have to make the strut supports and install the hurricane straps. Next weekend I'll get all the Hardie board, plywood, and corrugated tin to get her skinned up.

Not far now from keeping the rain off. You doing a tin roof too? I love metal roofs in the rain. We put one on the dad in laws shed and cabin.

+1 on the tin in the rain ;)

I'm thinkin/hopin in about two more weeks I should be able to put a lock on the door :D

Redbird said:
I'm thinkin/hopin in about two more weeks I should be able to put a lock on the door :D

Attachments

• THUMBS UP.jpg
    THUMBS UP.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 945

Lookin real good man. You'll have a cool space there when it's done.

Hahahaaha! Nice Chris! Does it come with a heart key?!

On a lighter note, I get off on the 5th of February, I might have to come drink a beer with your foreman and criticize your work.. I'll hand you a tool every now and then. But seriously, I have laid tin on my dad's boat shed too many times after hurricanes. If you aren't done after Mardi Gras I'm free after that.

I'm hoping to be done by then, but you're welcome to come out and have a beer or two anyway ;)

Was going to stop by today to check out the progress, but Sebastian stated that he was scared of your Supervisor....... LOL!

Yea, he's a killer :p

Made some progress over the weekend...
photo2.jpg

All the rafter struts and hurricane straps are in, and the roof is skinned and ready for the tin.
I lost my help to a paying job early yesterday, so a bunch of this I was doing alone. It really slows the process when the only guy on the job has about half a clue to what he's doing :p :D
I was hoping to get the Hardie board up this weekend also, but that stuff is kinda heavy to work with solo. Going to try to get some up during the week, but otherwise it'll all be up next weekend. Then it's on to roof tin, door, and windows ;)

Oh, and the obligatory pic of the Super, doing what he does best...
photo1.jpg

The Aviary?

Looks like the pink has washed off a bit... There goes you Barbie Dream Shop! Scrap the whole project!

Haha!

Really though, looking good!

I noticed that too. And I thought to myself "WTF am I going to do with all the My Little Pony stickers now?!?" :p

Im pissed about the fading pink.
I may just sneak over with some pink paint in the night and restore it to its former glory!

The Aviary?

Must be nice to have warm enough weather to do this in January. It's balls cold up north! Looking good!

Got a little more done over the weekend...

The windows are framed up, with two installed. And two sides are up. It's a little slow going as the Hardie board is kinda difficult to cut, and kinda a pain in the ass to hang. This shit better be worth it in the long run. The windows are a little smaller than I had originally planned, but since I've gone over budget by about $500, I had to lower my expectations just a tad. Eh, I can always change out to bigger windows later if it turns out to be a problem.
Here's where it stands right now.
photo1_zpsf2da9006.jpg

photo2_zps4b938788.jpg

We have expectations of finishing the siding, getting the tin on, and fabbing up a door next weekend :D

Oh, and Tim, I ain't gonna lie to ya... it is nice. Hell, it was right about 70* yesterday :p

Back
Top Bottom