Explain your dtt name

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the Ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
This may have been brought up on here before, but I'm always curious as to how everyone came up with their handle on here and the meaning behind it.

Personally, when I joined I was programming a hurco vmx42 vertical cnc machining center as my day job and my bike project was a cb550.

Years back a local newspaper wrote up an article about the band I was in. For some reason she wrote that I was a transplant from Texas. I've never been to Texas.

Ever since that day I have used Justin Longhorn as a handle.

Years ago when I setting up my first email account I used cyclefreak as my username. It has pretty much been the same with every one since.

"Tune-A-Fish" A spin on a favorite REO album "you can tune a piano, but you can't Tune A Fish and I love the old fishtail pipes thus a motorcycle is a Fish, narrow, but tall and twitches the tail when powering out of a turn. I love tuning fishes.

:eek:

I used to own a domain name and website that was sav0r.com. Which is just the word "savor" with a zero where the "o" would be. It was lifestyle and music site. I used the handle on and off but really only use it here and one other site at this time.

Name's Jarred, J-Rod is a nickname I have had since I can remember.

10 was my first number in baseball.

name's Kameron.....just removed "ero" and voila
On another site I don't even bother with a handle or short version, just use my real name

hurco550 said:
This may have been brought up on here before, but I'm always curious as to how everyone came up with their handle on here and the meaning behind it.

Personally, when I joined I was programming a hurco vmx42 vertical cnc machining center as my day job and my bike project was a cb550.
Looking at either a new Hurco, or Doosan VMC. The programming on the Hurco's is awesome.

J-Rod10 said:
Looking at either a new Hurco, or Doosan VMC. The programming on the Hurco's is awesome.
I have never programmed a doosan vmc. I've messed with a doosan cnc lathe a bit but it has a fanuc controller, and I'm not a huge fan of fanuc. That said, hurco kinda pioneered conversational programming and it shows. I've used mazak, haas and fanucs version of conversational and none of them are even close to the level of "intuitive" programming that hurco provides. One day I'll have a hurco, or at least a proto trak in my personal shop

dad was stationed in Japan after the war. There were of course no disposable nappies back then, so the local laundry service for cloth diapers was used. It was called Ichiban. Parents yelling "Ichiban" was the nanny's cue and it has been my screen name ever since.

Been deviant on other sites and as a MMO handle for about fifteen years. Always thought of myself as outside the box. There's also a 60s garage band of the same name I am a fan of.

1641246.jpg

Maritime is from where I was born and live. The "Maritimes" is a group 3 provinces here in Canada. We are the really friendly Canadians along with the Newfies and most of us end up somewhere else in Canada or the US cause there are a lot less jobs here than elsewhere. I was Maritime Biker but just shortened it to Maritime after a few weeks cause that's what all Y'all started calling me. This is the first forum I ever joined and since have used the name on others too.

I used to have a fast GSXR and used that as my ebay name.. I just use it on some forums here and there.

Clem - short for Clement. I could have just went with crawfish to make it easier though.

Flugtechnik is German for aeronautical engineer, which is what I do for a living and I'm of German descent. The first forum I joined was aviation related so I picked that. This was the second forum I joined so I just used the same name.

The first part is pronounced like "flew-g".

Flugtechnik said:
Flugtechnik is German for aeronautical engineer, which is what I do for a living and I'm of German descent. The first forum I joined was aviation related so I picked that. This was the second forum I joined so I just used the same name.

The first part is pronounced like "flew-g".
I suffer from a bit of dyslexia (un diagnosed haha) I look at words wrong for so long that they sound wrong when said the right way. Like yours...

I always in my head pronounced it "flute and chick".... when people were saying it the right way at barber I had no idea who they were talking about hahaha

Back
Top Bottom