CJ360 Build (my first)

You nailed it with the front brake mention. They were just in the wrong bag, they were the washers that keep the front pads locked in place ...mystery solved!

i-p5LQj8j-XL.jpg

i-qfDs9zH-XL.jpg

110/90 on the rears?

Also what size are you running on the front?

Thanks!

On stock rims it's best to use 80/90 or 90/90 front and 90/90 or 100/90 rear. With WM2/WM3 use 90/90F 100 or 110 R. With WM3 F&R, use 90/90 and 110/90

williamng said:
110/90 on the rears?

Also what size are you running on the front?

Wow, I'm really behind on this thread.

I'm running a 90/90 on the front, and I'm using slightly wider than stock rims.

Family has kept me out of the garage quite a bit (the heat over summer hasn't helped any either), but I'm making slow progress and getting the engine reassembled at least.

It's amazing (not really) how many incorrect bits I've pulled out of this engine and replaced with the proper ones so far.

i-q6SLM2q-XL.jpg

When you pull out 1/4" and 5/16" bolts then need a bagful of 6mm+8mm Helicoils you know it's going to be a whole bunch of fun ;D

crazypj said:
When you pull out 1/4" and 5/16" bolts then need a bagful of 6mm+8mm Helicoils you know it's going to be a whole bunch of fun ;D

Oh thank GOD I didn't run into any of that!

The engine is actually coming along really well, except one of my rocker arms needs a tap run through where the tappet adjuster screw threads in; it's got a messed up thread *right* at the bottom edge and I can't thread through it (those things are hard). Otherwise, it's going together like a basically new engine should. :)

Next step will be mounting it in the frame and test fitting everything so I can make final grinds / welds to the frame before sending it out for powder ...then assembly.

It's going to be slow though, my current project budget is $0. lol

Back
Top Bottom