1978 KZ650-C2

The bike's been slow going the past few weeks but I have been doing a little here and there when I can fit it in and accumulating more parts.

I plan on getting the new tires on this weekend and maybe get some paint on the rims on monday.... we'll see

Anyway I rebuilt the carbs, still need to check the float height before I put them back on, but they cleaned up nicely.

20130524_172102.jpg

shined up the motor some too, still need to clean up the points cover.
20130524_181401.jpg

jehymel said:
Looks great! Did you clean up the engine with it in the frame? Details on the process?

I had the motor out before when I was painting the frame. While it was out I scrubbed it with Gunk engine degreaser and simple green and then I scrubbed it some more. The engine was clean but it wasn't shiney. I read on another forum of someone using "Rub and Buff". It's a wax with a pigment in it, I used that on a toothbrush on my already clean motor and it really made it pop.

I had the opportunity to get a decent amount of work done this past week:

-new tires
-painted wheels
-drilled rear rotor
-painted and installed controls
-new clutch cable
-new throttle cables
-new V&H 4-1
-new points/condensers
-rough tuned carbs/set float heights

I think that's it, I still have a decent to do list but I had it running for a minute or so today!
20130601_172512.jpg

Thanks, they're Shinko 230's.

So far the 650 has been pretty fun to work on, better part availability then my previous 400. The 750E's seem to be pretty similar.

Can't wait to ride the thing

Thanks!

Got some paint on today, I think it turned out great. Got a few bugs in the clear but that happens when you paint outside. It's Sunburst Orange Pearl.
IMG_3435.jpg

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3438.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

Is this supposed to come out?
20130615_194604.jpg

onetruepunk87 said:
Paint turned out great, should look awesome all put together!

Thanks...

Just a few more things left to do, still need to
-install mini gauges
-polish some more aluminum
-odds and ends

but as of this weekend I am registered and insured !!! :D :D :D :D :D

IMG_3448.jpg

HerrDeacon said:
That came out amazing, looks brand new, great work. Love the colour.

Thanks, it took a little while but I made sure I at least cleaned every piece as I put the bike back together.

I might have drove my wife nuts but I'm really happy how the bike is coming along,

Back
Top Bottom