Full face or open face?

Wondering what everyone uses for helmets?

• Full Face

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • Open Face

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maritime said:
I hit a deer Jul 9,2015 I am still in bed waiting for a badly damaged foot to heal but my full face saved my life, jaw and teeth. EMT said the rash on my helmet was so bad, had I had an open face on I'd have no bottom jaw left. That and my full armored Joe rocket mesh kept all the injuries to bruises on everything but my left leg. Full face or why bother.

Glad you had your helmet. Get better man.

Thanks. I am still on bed rest as my foot heals but getting closer to walking again without a walker, another month should see me back to almost normal.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/11/03/motorcyclist-survives-survives-crash-in-which-head-was-run-over-by-truck-on-91-freeway/

Dudes head got run over by a truck and he lived. Crazy

I re posted this recently :
[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/9WRa_VCVhq[/instagram]

He was wearing an open face helmet. Face smashed into a guardrail. He lived.

I wear a full face helmet where you can open the visor,like the 0815 bmw driver :)

Looms stupid,but priceless when youre on hot summer standing in traffic jam and the helmet fills uo with 2stroke smoke :)

Full face for me. Simpson Bandit was the order of the day for the RD350 hooligan machine, now it's a plain looking white full face.
I have a 'p!ss pot' to rest on the seat to look nice

I'm guilty of a 3/4 bell style or a skid lid. Full face when it's cold. I was/am young and dumb and hoping to make it to old and wise.

Lots of the kids on 50cc scooters here seem to go for motoX style helmets with no goggles, it's funny seein them when it starts to rain

Yes. I have a full face Arai that is overdue replacement. I love it, especially with no screen on the bike. I have a good fitting DOT half helmet that I wear occasionally. Behind a fairing it is most comfortable. I also have a couple of 3/4 helmets that I like. I am aware of the risk. Motorcycling is dangerous. I try to enjoy myself without being too much of an idiot.

I've gone from no helmet to full face carbon, Joe Rocket. In cold weather, with a scarf, it can't be beat. My buddy got in a wreck with is half helmet and scraped off much of his face.

Considering the extensive amount of maxillofacial surgery I have had done, my options are Full Face or Full Face.

They say spend as much on a helmet as you think your head is worth. I know how much mine cost and they don't make helmets that expensive. Medicare fronted the bill the first time, but there is no way I would be able to pay to have it done again. Full face for me thank you.

Alex jb said:
Lots of the kids on 50cc scooters here seem to go for motoX style helmets with no goggles, it's funny seein them when it starts to rain
Riding with no eye protection is both stupid and illegal. Helmet or not its pretty damn tough to ride when a bug smacks your eyeball.

Brodie said:
Considering the extensive amount of maxillofacial surgery I have had done, my options are Full Face or Full Face.
As someone who has also had extensive facial surgeries I think about this as well. It would be a shame to undo all the good work the doctors have done.

Now that I am back in a state that forces me to wear one, I wear a full face. There really is nothing like going without one though. Obviously part of the draw to riding is the danger, and a large part of the danger is the vulnerability. Giving danger the middle finger so to speak.

I can go faster on my bicycle than the 16yr olds can on their 50cc mopeds though, there's no law in UK for bicycle helmets or eyewear.
I think you are supposed to have goggles/eyewear for a motorcycle, but not sure if it's a legal requirement.

Always thought it was quite bizarre in Chicago where it's fine to ride a motorbike in flip flops without a helmet but woe betide the Harley rider that didn't have glasses... Will county cops would have you for it every time!

Alex jb said:
I can go faster on my bicycle than the 16yr olds can on their 50cc mopeds though, there's no law in UK for bicycle helmets or eyewear.
I think you are supposed to have goggles/eyewear for a motorcycle, but not sure if it's a legal requirement.

Always thought it was quite bizarre in Chicago where it's fine to ride a motorbike in flip flops without a helmet but woe betide the Harley rider that didn't have glasses... Will county cops would have you for it every time!
Eye protection actually is required by law in some states here in the U.S. Generally the law will state 'eye protection required by law unless equipped with a windscreen'

DohcBikes said:
Eye protection actually is required by law in some states here in the U.S. Generally the law will state 'eye protection required by law unless equipped with a windscreen'
If I remember right, in Ohio you have to wear eye protection regardless of wind screen or not

Back
Top Bottom