Douchebag Build of a CX500

mydlyfkryzis said:
How is your build thread relevant to a cx500 build bash ???

Oh wait,, your build thread is a cx500. ;)

I'm not the most knowledgeable guy on this forum on CX500's but I'm probably up there in the top 10.

Not bad considering that I only built one of them.

I have two more on deck.

I hate to see a fine bike butchered into an unrideable abortion.

Funny thing ism you really aren't being a dick at all....There are so many builds that are really bad and make the bike dangerous. It irks me when they make a bike unridable. Sure it looks nice, but to my mechanical eye, if something can't function properly, then the beauty is not there. To me, the trick is to make it nice looking, and keep it functional, and even better, improve it.

That CX500 is not improved. It handles worse than stock with that stiffened front fork and oversize tires, the exhaust is just loud. sure it's original, but every dump I take is original too, and it doesn't smell any better because of it's originality.

Hilariously, these guys are local to me. They do a couple or three of these bikes a year - look all right from twenty feet away, but that's about it. They sell them for several thousand dollars each; for a while they were selling them all to a guy who would pack a shipping container full once a year and ship it to Japan.

I bet it will surprise everyone that one of them is a financial advisor. ;)

Seems to be a common theme in a lot of cafe racers, stuff them full of cafe and remove any racer they ever had as stock and then call it done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Steve F said:
Seems to be a common theme in a lot of cafe racers, stuff them full of cafe and remove any racer they ever had as stock and then call it done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

But no checkers, license numbers are missing from the front fender, and the number 59 seems to be missing. How could it be a real cafe bike?

Back
Top Bottom