Give me your opinions on tail light placement

scott s

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Bike is an '87 Radian. Going for a street-fighter-ish vibe. Bike is still under construction but here's a pic to give you an idea...

Option 1: Stock light in stock position. I'll fab up a tag light and bracket.

Option 2: Stock light "frenched" in. I'll fab up a tag light and mount.

Option 3: Atermarket dual round lights. Tag lights and bracket are there. I'll probably black out the background.

Give me your opinions on tail light placement

I prefer the second one. Just looks "right"

option 2 or 3.
would it be possible to mount option 2 a little higher (maybe cut down top or something?)
Possibly similar light but not so 'tall' ?
BTW, are they Lester wheels on CB650?

You know when I saw option #2, I thought that looks cool, but then I saw option #3... Yeah go with the dual rounds.

crazypj said:
BTW, are they Lester wheels on CB650?

Yes, that's a '71 CB500 with an '82 CB650 engine/carbs swap and Lester wheels. Rare 18" rear. They were mis-listed on ebay and I got them for $29.95 EACH, shipped! I polished and restored them.

$29.95 EACH!
thumb_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-static-024.gif

Nice grab, now on the light... loose the duck bill fender and seat. What streetfighter has a two up seat, and oh yeah mount separate round tail/signal light off either side of top shock mount with a vertical plate bracket on the left side.

Got to love these community builds, a tad slower with all the concensus voting but still fun!!! ;D

#3 if you're not into my idea

Yes, 400F pegs, shifter and brake lever. 550F kicker. 400F bars. Super Sport stripe from a CB450 tank, trimmed to fit.

Back
Top Bottom