'48 Indian Chief - Two of 'em For Sale

ridesolo

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
They are hardly the type of bike this crew wants, but maybe there's a friend of a friend of a friend who knows someone who is a collector.

We have two '48 Indian Chief motorcycles, one black and one red, that we need to sell to good homes. My father-in-law got them as literal basket cases and did great restorations. They are very nice and need nothing. The red one was his favorite and has been ridden more. I'll try to post pix sometime soon. Come get them in north central Ohio. Not exactly sure of the price, we'll entertain offers, but anything lower than the mid $20K range won't even be considered.

kneedragger said:
Don't sell them yet; I'll get back to you right after the lottery drawing tonight...

OK, I'll wait... You should see the one that's not for sale... a '38 Four. Also built from a basket case, beautiful two tone red & cream paint w/ gold pin stripes. The Chiefs are nice, but one is my wife's and the other is her bother's. We just don't have a good place (safe/heated/dry) to keep 'em and aren't our kinna' ride. The $$ from selling my wife's would pay off the house & my truck.

Man, you have GOT to post some photos for us! Let your DTT brethren SEE those beauties, and you might just start a whole new sub-culture of fabrication and modding here, which could lead to the development of some really incredible machines...

OK, so I realize that not everyone has a digital camera, including me, but it would still be nice if you could have someone take some photos, then post them in a Photobucket, Picasa, or Smugmug account, to share them with us...

Lottery drawing in about 45 minutes, give or take...

Well, I got skunked again on the lottery, so I guess someone else will have to buy them, then give them to me for my birthday...

kneedragger said:
Man, you have GOT to post some photos for us! Let your DTT brethren SEE those beauties, and you might just start a whole new sub-culture of fabrication and modding here, which could lead to the development of some really incredible machines...

OK, so I realize that not everyone has a digital camera, including me, but it would still be nice if you could have someone take some photos, then post them in a Photobucket, Picasa, or Smugmug account, to share them with us...

Lottery drawing in about 45 minutes, give or take...

Sorry you didn't win, Dragger... I didn't either. (Of course I guess you have to enter to win, don't you? One of these days...)

I've got a digicam, I just haven't gotten over to where they are stored to get some pix. My father-in-law would roll over in hs grave if somebody hacked these babies up! Let's see... a rear-set on the right side for the rear brake, one on the left for the clutch... do you suppose it would be difficult to mount clip-ons on a springer fork? Wonder if the suicide shifter would be more difficult to use if you're running clip-ons or a set of clubman bars? At least the wiring harness is simple and there aren't turn signals and the like take off. Oh yeah, the electrical system is 6 volt and what are we going to do w/ that pesky ignition advance twist grip that's on the left hand grip?

Back
Top Bottom