1972 CB100 Honda..maybe for the wife.

Looking good!

After installing my triple this morning. I probably shoulda done new stem bearings.

How was it getting the races out of the frame?

Sweet. I think you guys will have your bikes up and running great before I figure out my carb

JB77 said:
Sweet. I think you guys will have your bikes up and running great before I figure out my carb

You just need to pickup the correct carb...before you get $50 tied up in jetting.

trek97 said:
You just need to pickup the correct carb...before you get $50 tied up in jetting.

Treks right JB, Because I can't find the springie thingie that hooks up to the throttle cable and can't even figure how that's going to happen anyways........thinking about ordering that 50 dollar one from ebay.

The very one that trek recommended on your thread.

I think.

I'm also debating on doing some polishing like trek did........I'm just lazy of course.

And second day back at work after surgery, and 100 degree weather for the rest of the week, doesn't do well on my stamina.

The problem w my polishing technique is it will only look decent from a distance for a couple seasons...tops

Its totally half assed. Seriously like 5-10 minutes a piece. Rachel only hit them half assed w 400 grit...in the easy to reach spots. Just one harbor freight buffing wheel on cheapy bench grinder w red or brown rouge from HF...what evers handiest within reach of the wheel.

If you want to do it right...400 - 800 - 1200 + paper then red rouge then white rouge. More work, than its worth to me...personally. Cause even the best polish on aluminum aint gonna last. Without, some sort of coating.

With my original carb. After soaking in carb medic and rinsing w water. i used the compressor to blow out ports. Bubbles shot out of all threads...around jets. Nothing was tight...those kind of leaks wouldve caused tuning mayhem.

$50 bucks very well spent.

Floats were dead nuts at 24mm right out the box. Guessed at presets for idle and A/F. Bike started in 3-5 kicks if I remember right. Turned down idle speed and took her for the ride in the video I posted.

Well, finally pulled the trigger and ordered a carb for the 100.

I've looked everywhere for that spring and can't find it.

Hopefully it will be a plug and play, cause I'm lazy.

Made it through my first week at work after surgery......not too, too bad. 100 degree weather, so naturally I had to pick the hottest freaking time to return. Next week even hotter. Sheeesh...!!!!!

Got a roller out of her now, well semi......!

Attachments

• P1040759.JPG
    P1040759.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 291
trek97 said:
Looking good!

After installing my triple this morning. I probably shoulda done new stem bearings.

How was it getting the races out of the frame?

I missed this question.

To answer it, getting the races out was easier than heck, they just popped right out with a long punch and hammer.

Only thing that concerned me, was the bearing just slide right onto the stem, well not exactly slid on, but with a little force from me it went on.

I didn't have to press, or beat it down with a hammer.

I have no doubt it will be fine. Not like shes gonna shoot for a land speed record. Or, is she? 8)

BTW, wife and just finished watching "Worlds Fastest Indian" for the um-teenth time. Love that film.

Cleaned up the air/battery box and tool box.

Turned out ok, 'cept the tool box, lots of holes and weak metal. Missing the spring door anyways.

Still need a filter for it.

Also, are there any suggestions/recommendations for a chain and sprocket? Got links?

Thanks

trek97 said:
I have no doubt it will be fine. Not like shes gonna shoot for a land speed record. Or, is she? 8)

BTW, wife and just finished watching "Worlds Fastest Indian" for the um-teenth time. Love that film.

Yeah, I've watched that movie a few times myself.

Although, don't think I've sat through it completely from start to finish.

Attachments

• P1040339.JPG
    P1040339.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 295
  • P1040851.JPG
    P1040851.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 290
  • P1040849.JPG
    P1040849.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 290
Not sure if the fitment is proper, or if you're going for a period exact resto, but I have an all-there toolbox from a CB360 if ya want it.

deviant said:
Not sure if the fitment is proper, or if you're going for a period exact resto, but I have an all-there toolbox from a CB360 if ya want it.

Thanks my man, I'm just not gonna put one on it. If the wife decides to ride it once finished, she won't even know it's suppose to be there.

Besides, that CB175 roller I bought has one with door, but won't use that either.

I really appreciate the offer.

Hey bro, you still have that 350 roller?

Sorry, sold that to Mr E, who needed a titled frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man, just jogged my memory, think I read that somewhere.

That's cool.

Well, got too many projects going right now anyways, don't really have the time/resources to start another.

Is this the kit you ordered? If so did you find a better price than $28.20 + free shipping?

http://www.amazon.com/All-Balls-Steering-Bearing-22-1002/dp/B006H6O3CW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435026634&sr=8-1&keywords=all+balls+22-1002

trek97 said:
Is this the kit you ordered? If so did you find a better price than $28.20 + free shipping?

http://www.amazon.com/All-Balls-Steering-Bearing-22-1002/dp/B006H6O3CW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435026634&sr=8-1&keywords=all+balls+22-1002

Exactly the one I ordered.

It's curious that all balls says they fit a 72 cl 100. And the Amazon seller lion parts states they don't fit. Weird.

Also, lion parts has them listed on eBay for $25.xx +free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Balls-22-1002-Steering-Stem-Bearing-Kit-/311374870989?hash=item487f6379cd&vxp=mtr

trek97 said:
It's curious that all balls says they fit a 72 cl 100. And the Amazon seller lion parts states they don't fit. Weird.

Also, lion parts has them listed on eBay for $25.xx +free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Balls-22-1002-Steering-Stem-Bearing-Kit-/311374870989?hash=item487f6379cd&vxp=mtr

Amazon has to get their cut, I guess.

Part numbers are the same.

Got more going into the roller.....hell could even try to start this thing by the weekend.

The carb came in the mail today.

Stopped to get a battery from advance, they wanted me to give them a number, guess o'reily's across town will be the one 2morrow on the way home from work.

did git the spark plug.........and will try to wire it up with this raggity harness I have.

thinking of ordering this 50 bux harness from fleabay.

And sprockets and chain......sheeesh.........sh1ts expensive..........this little thing is costing me as much if not more than getting my 750 going.

Attachments

• P1040806.JPG
    P1040806.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 284
  • P1040781.JPG
    P1040781.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 274
OK BRO, now I dont want to piss you off in anyway...so, by no means do I intend any disrespect...

Just WTF is going on w that crazy headlight?!?!

Back
Top Bottom