The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Hi ACEthusiasts,

I hope, someone can help me. I put new bars on my ace...see pic.... but now, I have to change the angle from the braking foot pedal (SRY for my bad english). Can someone tell me, how can I do this?

THX in advance

Kev

Attachments

• 20161027_224717.jpg
    20161027_224717.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 241
When I put clip ons on my Ace I didn't have to do any changes to the brake pedal. All I do is to ride with the balls of my feet on the foot pegs and then move when needed to brake.

kevmaster said:
Can someone tell me, how can I do this?

Loosen brake adjuster nut (picture 1).
Loosen screw on pedal position cam (picture 2).
Rotate cam to desired position and tighten screw.
Re-adjust brake nut.

Easy!

Attachments

• adjuster.JPG
    adjuster.JPG
    866.8 KB · Views: 249
  • pedal.JPG
    pedal.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 218
As alway's Stroker Crazy is spot on. I had to do the same for both brake and gear change. I rotate one spline tooth on the gear changer.
If you don't you have a very unsafe ride with too much response lag as you find the controls.

My brake cam is at the max setting.

Just been looking at photos of my Ace and seen that my brake pedal stop cam is already set in the most down position. But even so, ridding with balls of feet on footrests gives you more feedback and control of your bike.

Attachments

• DSC_0365.JPG
    DSC_0365.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 236
Hi Acethusiasts, it is weekend and a really shitty weather. I had the idea, to replace the ugly black band which is over my tank. Maybe I take a leather belt. Did someone did it before and can give some advices?THX Kev

Hi Kev, yes a few have done it and it looks so much better. What I did was to trawl through the charity shops looking at the different belts as there are loads to choose from. Once you have your belt fasten it and then cut it opposite the buckle so that when laid out the buckle is in the middle, Remove seat then you can then decide whereabouts on the tank you want your buckle. to secure top end of belt cut a slot in it about half inch from end and secure with front STD mount. Then pull down the rear of the belt and make a hole where tank securing bolt holds tank on, re-fasten tank in place. To stop it chattering on paint I used double sided tape just to hold it in place. Re-fit seat and job done. Please note, you can't undo belt once in place, but there again there is no need to.

Attachments

• IMG_20140222_164802.jpg
    IMG_20140222_164802.jpg
    882 KB · Views: 232
Hi Acethusiasts,
Does someone knows, if there are shops, where you can order skyteam shirts? I want to show, how proud am I about my black baby.
THX
Kev

I use VistaPrint.

Here's one I produced using a logo from Skyteam Malaysia

$15 for white, $20 for black

Suggest you use a high quality graphics file. Google is your friend.

I also named my bike, created tank graphics and t-shirt.

I laugh inside (at least weekly) when someone mentions to me that they've never heard of a Silver Bullet before.

Attachments

• Skyteam Ace enlarge logo.png
    Skyteam Ace enlarge logo.png
    904.5 KB · Views: 261
  • Blackfront.jpg
    Blackfront.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 995
  • Blackback.jpg
    Blackback.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 976
'Minor' changes sometimes become more involved!

Original indicators are o.k. but I'm not fond of chrome and something smaller would suit better.

Found some cheapies on Eb*y:

Attachments

• Indicators 1.JPG
    Indicators 1.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 215
Pulled the new indicators apart:

Shell cast metal - good
mounting bolt fragile imitation metal - bad
globe not BA15 - bad

Attachments

• Indicators 2.JPG
    Indicators 2.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 217
Two complications:

Ribs for socket mounting screws block BA15 fitting
Mounting thread in shell is M10 x 1.5 not M10 x 1.25

(to be continued …)

Attachments

• Indicators 4.JPG
    Indicators 4.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 221
Re: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource - indicators

Hmm,

The simple often becomes hard.

Watching closely with hand on wallet for quick purchase.

You're fine choices seem to manifest in my wallet being hit. ;D

Re: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource -fuel line

Ha ha. And today another nibble with a $4.50 mod via red fuel lines. Adding a little bit of red to the Silver Bullet

Attachments

• 20161128_165317.jpg
    20161128_165317.jpg
    866 KB · Views: 272
Back
Top Bottom