T500

cheers all..not sure about sewing machines byrdman,i think as long as it a good one ,the one i used was crap,made the job a lot harder than it should have been..more pics coming,just waiting for a nice day.. :

Phabbo11, Excellent work. Very nice. I really like the T-500, good bike great engine. My brother has one we are slowly race prepping for vintage racing. Again great work. I'm keeping my eye out for a donor T-500 (cheap) There's a almost standard weld in frame brace that all the racers do. Tube is welded on an angle from just above the swingarm going forward to under the tank (each side of course) really helps tighten up the handling. A lot of guys also shorten the swingarm to help quicken the steering/handling but I think this is a mistake just my opinion but I think there are better ways to achieve quicker handling. I also love the colors and paint work.
Cheers, 50gary

P7150699.jpg

Man that is one slick bike. I still have a '65 x6 Hustler tucked away. Glad I kept it. The colors you chose look excellent together. Great job!!

took some pics,nearly finished,been a bit slack..just a few minor things to do now...
PA030787.jpg

PA030778.jpg

PA030786.jpg

my next project,can't wait..
P7110674.jpg

P7110673.jpg

Hey phabbo.....just looked at your thread. You have done a great job on the 500, and I like the idea of keeping the standard tank and colour scheme...it kind of keeps the identity of the bike to a degree, which I really like.
We have made a number of Titan cafe racers, but changed the tank and paint on all of them so far.
I have a bike of my own that I intend to start soon, and like you, I want to keep the colour, and the original tank. For me though, the stock tank is a little short, so I am looking at maybe extending the seat unit, and the tank, while keeping the lines, so that they meet soewhere in the middle.
At the moment, we are using it as a mule for the pipes and bits we are developing.....but you get the idea!!

Paul. Titan Performance.
www.classic2strokesuzuki.com

;)

Attachments

• 20170512_153952.jpg
    20170512_153952.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 204
  • 20181014_123004.jpg
    20181014_123004.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 209
Back
Top Bottom