TRX Cafe Racer

Have been doing a few little bits lately, machined up some new lower shock mounts, some covers for the swingarm pivot and rearset mounts. Also finished welding the frame so its off to the painters now. The shock mounts get the rear height down around 30mm over the previous ones and are nicely shaped and lighter. The pivot covers are nice little pieces to cover the different axle that goes in and the M10 countersunk screw is flush fit. The old shock mounts got re-machined into rearset mounts to offset them 12mm out from the frame so as to clear the swingarm and exhaust. I'll get the bits all anodised while the frame is being painted. The headlight has arrived so I'll be making a mount for it off the bottom triple clamp soon.

24999922549_e44c911561_b.jpg

25341358436_4e3f9f463b_b.jpg

24736915024_fbc265ea6c_b.jpg

So, things all of a sudden starting going forward quicker than expected.
The tank and frame was cleaned and painted and given last week, all the gear came back from the anodizers on friday as well. Stripped the engine and sprayed the cases yesterday.
This week means I can start final assembly. So, this is all about a month or two earlier than i thought.
Just some pics of the progress..
25708638815_861a87b4fd_b.jpg

starting to polish the frame
25682586976_73a1afca00_b.jpg

Rear assembly on the frame is done.
25587602542_61b14d91c3_b.jpg

The shiny frame should be good for 10hp at least ! :D
25407890200_9683ed1a2c_b.jpg

also picked up another beast to ride. Life is good
25637199346_d64241635f_b.jpg

Quick update, it's been 15years since I had a crash on a bike and the last time was a guzzi too.
After putting new tyres on the guzzi, I rode around the block a few times and parked for a week.
Last Friday lunch I thought I would drop a tank cap over to a friends place and next thing I remember was waking up Friday or Saturday in hospital.
And about and hour later on Sunday getting wheeled into theatre. Meaning I have only about two or three hours of memories for the three days.
No idea of the crash but piecing it together it was a highside going on to the main road about 500mtrs from home.
Apart from concussion, broken scapula or shoulder blade, couple of ribs, deep cuts to the elbows, knees and crushed small fingers on the right hand, which was why I was going to surgery to rebed the nails that were ripped out.
So, I'll be out of action for another week and so much for running ahead of time.
Gladly the guzzi suffered minor injuries, broken head protector, grip, brake lever, mirror, all of which are.... We're brand new.
Stupid mistake but at least the cops have let it go rather than add insult to injury.
By far the worst crash and I can't even remember it.
Oh well... I'll let you know when I am back in to it and working on the trx again.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

What you don't remember that White Rhino that charged you, get well.

So I spoke to the cops again today about the crash location, it is different from what I thought and so I am now totally confused why it happened.
The place is along a slight curve in an 80km/hr zone of which I wasn't close to speeding and as I came over a slight crest the bike started fishtailing and threw me off.

Now I am thinking of something mechanical like brake or engine lockup or an animal running out.
I haven't seen the bike yet but I need to check it out.
This is quite intriguing now

Back
Top Bottom