CB360 Brat Tracker

raptormeat

Been Around the Block
Just wanted to show what I've done so far on this babe. She still only does 85, but I've got those cheap pods. 17T front sprocket 110 and 100 wheels. 105 secondaries and cm450 mufflers. Tryna get this thing to hit the ton but I think the carbs need modification. Any comments are appreciated...regardless of their positivity or lack of.
2vmu136.jpg
<p>
1079nc5.jpg
<p>
2qlzhv8.jpg

theres an antigravity 2.3ah 4cell tucked under the seat pan using industrial velcro...and zip ties...those things come in handy

okay last bit of photos just to show the end product. tadaaa...
heres how she started out. 500 bucks with no title...took a while to get one...broken cylinder head stud...got a new head.....broken cam tensioner and missing cam guide...got both of those..now shes mean muggin....hope you like it...

photo_12.jpg

photo_10.jpg

photo_11.jpg

was wondering if anyone knows if you can fit NOS honda rings into Wiseco pistons? not sure why you wouldn't but who knows???

Looks like a sweet bike! Do you have any info or pic on the battery that you used? Iv got a 73 SL350 that id love to put a really small battery on it. The SL350 i have didn't come with a electric start so all the battery needs to do is run the lights and charge to coil. I could use a capasiter and eliminate the battery but i don't feel like that would be the best best bet in my case.

Looks sweet though! Are you going to keep the tank like that or have other plans?

thanks! i used an antigravity 4 cell lithium ion battery velcroed to the seat pan and held in place with a zip tie...probably keep the tank, the colors nice in the sun, looks rusty...its almost too small a battery but without electric start you should be good, just make sure you use a 35w headlight or youll fry that battery as i've learned

Just wanted to shoutout that on EBay right now theres 2 $50 360 Tensioners and Guide sets. Not NOS but they look good.

alright which one of you crazy fuckers does this belong to? ;D
big bore for the 360, got it from southeastern PA. PJ? Yinzer?
going in tonight!!!
Screen_Shot_2014_03_12_at_3_32_55_PM.png

anything i should be aware of when doing this mod?

got BORED ;D...new gauges (speedo is in kn/h though didnt want to spend 70+ on the one from MikesXS, high rise clipons, some stainless brake lines, Unis, and Mikunis, PAMCO e-ignition (could they have used any thinner gauge wires on that thing?)

...my compression is 180 psi way up here...i believe that makes it like 200psi at sea level...should be interesting to ride this thing in some thicker air, i think it will haul ass

Also in regards to the big bore conversion to 378cc:
Ive never read anyone having this problem, and maybe my copper head gasket was too thin right off the bat, but I had to put in 2 base gaskets to ensure the pistons didnt hit the valves at TDC

Mikuni VM28s with UNI Pods

Currently jetted for 7000ft altitude: hopefully this helps someone

30 pilots (despite the elevation, I've found that bleed type needle jets require bigger pilots, 25 and 27.5 were too lean)
1.6 Air Jets
175-P2 Bleed type needle jets
5DP7 Needles in the middle clip
200 Mains, i think 190s would be better though, get some exhaust backfire every so often

Also cant seem to get above 8k rpm in any gear...not sure if this is due to altitude or too rich mains?
Only one way to find out...but I am literally out of spending money for a month or so...so feel free to donate your mikuni hex jets, looking for 190s...I have 110-160 and 210-240 any size you need if you wanna trade.

photo_13.jpg

Backfiring is usually lean, not rich. But your elevation would usually have you running rich anyway. Might be time to plug chop it and see what you get.

thanks JG.
if there was a motorized bicycle that went 90mph, i would ride that instead.
trying to keep only the necessities on.

thanks Sonrier. well the backfire is exhaust backfire, and it seems worse when the choke is on at full throttle.
only happens at extended duration full throttle, which is basically anytime I want to be going over 60mph (all the time) :p
however, still will only get to 8k rpm so i cant redline it yet.
will do some plug chops maybe today.

ive read to expect about an 8HP loss due to this elevation, so I am assuming my top speed is much lower than what the bike is capable of at sea-level, but oh well.

these mikunis are a PIA to get in the ballpark if you are stubborn like me and didnt double check for air leaks ::), but once you get them dialed in, I definitely enjoy the snappy throttle response more than those heavy ass keihins.

Double check your ignition timing as well. If it's retarded a bit, you'll definitely be losing power.

Not sure there's a lot to write up on that one.

Step 1.) Buy four cell LI-ION battery and install it
Step 2.) ???
Step 3.) Profit.

Not sure there's a lot to write up on that one.

Step 1.) Buy four cell LI-ION battery and install it
Step 2.) ???
Step 3.) Profit.

Sorry, I'm green at this and I was envisioning something more involved.
The writeup you provided will do nicely, thanks!

I'm sure it's been discussed but the only thing to watch out for with a li-ion battery is to make dure your charging system is good and there are no short and or parasitic drains. These batteries don't like to be drained below 11v. I put a few pictures of the bike in the gallery.

Back
Top Bottom