1971 Suzuki T500 cafe racer build....

Seat unit is all finished and now just requires the leather seat and paint :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 275
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 246
My wheels turned up today from Central wheels, Birmingham
Stainless spokes, akront alloy rims, polished hubs, Avon road runner tyres :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 275
Looks familiar - my XS wheels from 2007 :D

Nothing like a new pair of shoes.

XS65020071101006.jpg

You know when suddenly everything just seems to come together. For ages I have been unsettled with the colour scheme for my bike.

Today, My fave all time film inspired me. "Eleanor" from Gone in 60 seconds. The sexiest car on the planet in my eyes.

So I got thinking, I have the graphite frame, nice wheels, nice curves on the seat unit. It has to be gunmetal grey with two big black stripes over the top.

Not GT500, but T500! When I considered the detail, I decided I have to have, a go baby go button on the dash area, and place a nice NOS sticker on my polished Ali oil tank. I may ever swop the oil tank cap for a gate valve handle as per a Nos bottle.

Maybe some circular bar end mirrors, or just one.
And a Memphis, California show plate

Can't wait!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 253
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 241
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    649.8 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 971
Well if you've decided against using the original lilac Ben, I must say that the grey and black is going to look classy ! I do like a stripe, and that Mustang is a beautiful car. We have similar tastes.....this would be where my lottery winnings would be spent.

Attachments

• AC-Cobra.jpg
    AC-Cobra.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 246
Got home to find the chrome bits were ready :) new bearings fitted and wheels on almost. Iam missing the front spindle nut though... Will have to try and source one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 260
It's coming along nicely, I think this is going to be a classy looking bike when you're finished. I had a '67...still miss it sometimes.

New brakes, wheels on. Off the table and standing on her own two feet once again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 261
Titan performance was the supplier for the fibreglass seat unit and tail lights. They fit perfect in the cut out.

Been quiet lately as getting the Norton running now the weathers nice, well, was yesterday!
More to come soon after pay day!

Time to start thinking about the motor

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 251
Did a bit today. Loosely assembled as my tube of gasket sealant had dried up! Plus I need to find a manual to see which bolt goes where on the cases and what order/torque settings

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    752.6 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    642.4 KB · Views: 245
Back
Top Bottom