RD350 Road Racer, She is Finally coming along. NEW PICS

Re: RD Road Racer

I remember somebody getting blanks and milling copys of the webco's

love the 2 stroke builds! lookin forward to some updates.

Picked up another RD400 last night. Compression was crap, but who knows, there might be some parts I can use.

It came with a CBR600rr complete front end, as well as a truck load of RD and CBR parts.

I know I shouldn't be buying anymore junk parts, but it was DIRT cheap, and I couldn't pass it up.

The reason there haven't been any updates is because I am a cheap bastard and I am waiting to buy the parts I need at discounted prices.

I also sold 2 of my RD400 parts bikes, to get some funds back, and I think I am down to about $500 out of pocket, give or take a couple hundred. I'll have to sit down and list all of the expenses one of these days.

I have a member on here building my tail for the bike, and as soon as I get it, I'll throw up a picture.

A couple weeks ago I had a talk with someone who I was going to give my Tom Turner engine to in exchange for building my engine and tuning it, but I'm not sure if it's going to happen.

Thats it for now.

Mr_Dunev said:
.... I'll have to sit down and list all of the expenses one of these days.

If you do that, you might get scared out of the project bike biz!

Finally picked up some body work for the RD. It's not exactly what I wanted in a fairing, but I am going to see how it looks. Picked everything up for $200.
Parts came off a rd350 that was raced in the 80's

Out of the 4 parts I will probably only run the Fairing and the seat.

Now I just need to figure out my front fork/wheel/brake set up. and I can start doing my mock ups.

I have been lucky thus far and have found all period parts, which has been my goal. I just have to wait for the good deals to come around.

Looks like I am going to have to trim a few inches off the seat, but I like it so far.

Got my Slave girlfriend to hold the fairing for me, and I like the way it looks, so instead of the Ducati singles fairing I am going to run this one, and probably just cut out a hole for the headlight. It already came with all the mounts.

I spent sometime doing a mockup, so I can see what I am working toward.

I like it so far ;D

There are still a bunch of things I have to fix, but it's a start.

SONIC. said:
Niiiiiioce.

You sure do collect a lot of nice parts

Thanks, but it's only because I have spent the past 6 months ONLY accumulating parts. However now that I think I have everything I decided it's about time I start building.

Back
Top Bottom